Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race car trailer for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Default Race car trailer for sale

I have a full bed JB Enterprises 16 ft bed trailer (just under 20 ft overall length) that I need to sell. It is just taking up room in the garage and the comment in the Constitution (something about insuring domestic tranquility) indeed applies.

The trailer is perfect for somebody who only has a 20 foot garage and you can still walk around the front of the hitch when you're in a 20 ft garage. There's still enough room on the front area near the tongue to put two stacks of two tires with Corvette on it.

The trailer has a beaver tail and 6 ft ramps so loading a low car is no issue. Both fenders are removable and it has brakes on both axles. It has a breakaway controller (but needs a battery) and comes with a regular hitch as well as a big heavy duty load equalizer hitch that is adjustable for height and can likely fit high receivers like on the newer SUV's and pickups and a it comes with a sway control. It has a lockable stowaway bin on the front that you can store the accessories in. It comes with rachet straps (two have never been used), T hooks, Tekonsha brake controller, vehicle plug, essentially everything you need to transport your racer.

It has ten "D" rings for tying down the car in a conventional manner with T hooks (hooks supplied too) as well as has been rigged for over the wheel straps if you prefer to tie it down that way. Picks of how the over the wheel tie down work are attached. It also has two wheel chocks that can be bolted to the bed in any position that you want.

It isn't perfect, but it hasn't been stored outside, any rust is just from getting wet while in use, more of a stain around the D rings than anything else. If you waxed it most of it would clean up. The underside of the trailer is cleaner than the top.

For the whole package I'd like to get $1700. To buy a package like this new would be close to $3,000 or more. Located in Indy and since I don't have a tow vehicle you have to pick it up. This trailer tows great.

Old 10-09-2010, 03:08 AM
RAREBLU1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look nice, If I hadn't just bought one I'd be all over it.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:52 AM
C&M Racing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trailer

where do the ramps store? Do they slide out from the back?
Old 10-09-2010, 08:46 AM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

just what I need, but with all the expenses of comming there to pick it up I can buy a little more pricy one out here. That's a good deal.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by C&M Racing
where do the ramps store? Do they slide out from the back?
Yes, the ramps slide in the back. there are two doors that can be locked that they slide into.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Default Sold

Trailer is sold and gone. Went local on Craigslist and sold it in a few days for $1900....
Old 10-20-2010, 06:03 AM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Damn I would have been all over this in about a month when I came back to the area for thanksgiving

Get notified of new replies

To Race car trailer for sale

Quick Reply: Race car trailer for sale