Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pfadt Heavy sways too much for a dd?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 01:11 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Pfadt Heavy sways too much for a dd?

There is a set of Pfadt Heavy Sways for sale. Just curious if these would be too stiff for a dd that is tracked once a month. Shocks are the Pfadt sport adj. They are priced about the same as used T1s, but with some adj the T1 doesn't have. Thoughts?
Old 10-21-2010, 01:20 PM
90pololt4
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Sway Bars

I had them on the Z06 for the past year. I put on 700 miles, they improve the handling greatly, a little bit of noise from them. Did 2 track day sessions and the change in the cars attitude was greatly improved. They gave me a lot of confidence over stock. I would do it agiain.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:41 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

But not too stiff for dd?
Old 10-21-2010, 04:50 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

Go for it, I drive them on street and track. The sways control body roll more than anything, so the car will corner flatter. The shocks have a bigger affect on ride. JD
Old 10-21-2010, 05:14 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree and disagree. If you've got rough/bad roads things that used to affect one wheel and get soaked up by the soft springs & bars will now be much harsher as you transfer that impact to the other side, too. I don't regret putting the bars on my DD -- as mentioned they do make a little noise -- but they do impact the ride when it comes to potholes or other road issues that use to just affect one side of the car.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:54 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by gkmccready
I agree and disagree. If you've got rough/bad roads things that used to affect one wheel and get soaked up by the soft springs & bars will now be much harsher as you transfer that impact to the other side, too. I don't regret putting the bars on my DD -- as mentioned they do make a little noise -- but they do impact the ride when it comes to potholes or other road issues that use to just affect one side of the car.
Same here,

Tie together the corners of the car with massive bars and you will find (on the street) that the whole end of the car is affected when you hit a bump/hole on one side. It takes some getting used to, but I don't mind it either.

Some will not like it.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:39 AM
LeMans05C6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally I am in a Z51 corvette so I am not going for the "lexus ride". I have considered these for my track days and probalby will do them for sure in the future. Probably going to do the poly bushings for now since they are $30. Its a cheap upgrade since i am doing so much else.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:03 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Roads around here are pretty good so I think I will see if I can get him come to a happy $$ place for both of us. Thanks for the input.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:48 AM
michaelkrelina
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use my C5Z on the street with the Competition Bars and no problem. The handling is improved and more predictable. The ride is a little harsher around town but not bad.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:20 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I your roads are not too bad then you should be OK

I run the T1 system, and have an aluminum seat, bolted to floor. on ruff roads, you feel every little bump. Smooth roads it is fine.

Dont hear any suspension noise, LTs and straight pipes are funny that way

Get notified of new replies

To Pfadt Heavy sways too much for a dd?

Quick Reply: Pfadt Heavy sways too much for a dd?