Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you use a wide angle rear view mirror on your Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 11:28 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Do you use a wide angle rear view mirror on your Corvette?

I am thinking about ordering one but only see universal applications, like this - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/jo.../applications/

Do you know if the fit is good? Can you recommend a better one?

Thank you for your time!
Old 03-08-2014, 01:00 AM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Received 472 Likes on 349 Posts

I can't speak to fitment in a Corvette, but I will say that the cage mounted 4 angled panel rear view mirror in my Camaro damn near eliminates the need for side mirrors.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:47 AM
MySR71
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I really like my ALLVIEW mirror. Someone here on the forum recommended it. It gives a good wide angle without all the distortion. It is quite a bit more expensive though.

http://www.allviewmirror.com/

I have the rollbar mounted one but I think I used their backets which attach to the mirror along with some Longacre mirror brackets.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:09 PM
YYZ06
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MySR71
I really like my ALLVIEW mirror. Someone here on the forum recommended it. It gives a good wide angle without all the distortion. It is quite a bit more expensive though.

http://www.allviewmirror.com/

I have the rollbar mounted one but I think I used their backets which attach to the mirror along with some Longacre mirror brackets.
I have an Allview that clips on to my stock mirror. I keep it on all the time and it has very little distortion. I really like it.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:27 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by YYZ06
I have an Allview that clips on to my stock mirror. I keep it on all the time and it has very little distortion. I really like it.
Is it the "Allview smartclip" that is posted on the link? If so I'd like to get it, as long as the fit is good and easy to install.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:01 PM
YYZ06
Racer

Originally Posted by FruiTay
Is it the "Allview smartclip" that is posted on the link? If so I'd like to get it, as long as the fit is good and easy to install.
Yep, that's the one. Takes less than a minute to install and it's very secure. I've had mine on for two years and it's never come loose or fallen off. I do 10 - 15 track days a year and drive it occasionally to work and on the weekends.

I had a cheaper mirror on my Mustang and it had quite a bit of distortion. This one is very clear. I really like it.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:41 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Yep, that's the one. Takes less than a minute to install and it's very secure. I've had mine on for two years and it's never come loose or fallen off. I do 10 - 15 track days a year and drive it occasionally to work and on the weekends.

I had a cheaper mirror on my Mustang and it had quite a bit of distortion. This one is very clear. I really like it.
Alright man, thanks! Perfect answer. I'm going to get one now. I appreciate it!
Old 03-08-2014, 04:57 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Yes! It's called a "Wink" mirror, and is necessary because a SWC with a roll bar means that you can't see anthing out of the back without one.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:54 AM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

I tried several options for rear views, this is the best one in my opinion.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:16 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

I tried to order via credit card on the website, which wasn't working. I called the toll free number and it didn't go through. Out of business? Dang it....
Old 03-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

I tried to order via credit card on the website, which wasn't working. I called the toll free number and it didn't go through. Out of business? Dang it....
FYI, I just ordered this through Amazon (seller Sharper Image)
Now they have two left.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:46 PM
YYZ06
Racer

There is another Amazon vendor "Pickup Specialties" listing them in stock. The Amazon vendor where I got mine (back in Dec. '11) has changed names or moved on.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:33 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bluefire
FYI, I just ordered this through Amazon (seller Sharper Image)
Now they have two left.
The "panoramic" rearview? I'm not sure thats the "Allview" type and am not sure how it will fit on my corvette mirror. The mirrors from Allview aren't labeled "smartclip," which is the one I want that the gentlemen above speak of.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:27 PM
harrydirty
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Dose the Allview with the Smartclip system work for a c6z with OnStar? From what I can see on their website, the clips appear too shallow to completely grip the full depth of the factory mirrors and since the factory mirror case is plastic, it appears that the Allview clips will just slip off when subjected to track use.

Anyone with a c6z OnStar mirror use this Allview on track successfully?
Old 03-10-2014, 06:43 PM
YYZ06
Racer

The "panoramic" rearview? I'm not sure thats the "Allview" type and am not sure how it will fit on my corvette mirror. The mirrors from Allview aren't labeled "smartclip," which is the one I want that the gentlemen above speak of.
This one looks just like the one I have:

Allview Rearview Mirror - Eliminate Blind Spots with a Seamless View : Amazon.com : Automotive Allview Rearview Mirror - Eliminate Blind Spots with a Seamless View : Amazon.com : Automotive

The other mirror Allview lists replaces the stock mirror (no clips).

Here is mine:

Get notified of new replies

To Do you use a wide angle rear view mirror on your Corvette?

Quick Reply: Do you use a wide angle rear view mirror on your Corvette?