Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 adjustable rear toe link source for track settings

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 05:03 PM
descartesfool
Burning Brakes

Received 296 Likes on 155 Posts

Default C7 adjustable rear toe link source for track settings

In order to get enough rear camber to match GM's alignment spec for the track for the C7, there is not enough adjustment to get the rear toe into spec if the rear camber is set per the spec. With rear toe in spec, max rear camber is -1.0 degrees, much less than recommended. One option mentioned is to take out and put back in shims or washers under the top A-arm, but I would rather have an adjustable length rear toe link for easier adjustment without dealing with removing the rear A-arm.

I have been looking for such a link and Baer showed one, but it does not actually seem to be for sale, at least not yet. Anyone know of a source for such a part for the C7?
Old 10-17-2014, 09:14 PM
descartesfool
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by descartesfool
In order to get enough rear camber to match GM's alignment spec for the track for the C7, there is not enough adjustment to get the rear toe into spec if the rear camber is set per the spec. With rear toe in spec, max rear camber is -1.0 degrees, much less than recommended. One option mentioned is to take out and put back in shims or washers under the top A-arm, but I would rather have an adjustable length rear toe link for easier adjustment without dealing with removing the rear A-arm.

I have been looking for such a link and Baer showed one, but it does not actually seem to be for sale, at least not yet. Anyone know of a source for such a part for the C7?
Just an FYI to anyone who is also looking for this, I got an e-mail back from Baer brakes a few days ago, and they said they have a front toe link for the C7, but their rear one is still not available, which is of course the one that is needed to get a proper track alignment on the C7. Will chime back in when I find one, or if anyone else knows about something, let us know.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:18 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Working on one right now while I'm doing drop spindles and drag spindles for the car.

It wasn't so much about having enough room, as it was how big of a pain in the but it is to change it on the stock setup.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:41 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

If this is for track are offset bushings an option then us the stock stuff for minor changes?
Old 10-19-2014, 07:34 AM
descartesfool
Burning Brakes

No need for changing bushings. Al one needs is a link with a larger range of length change than that provided by the C7's OEM eccentric adjuster on the rear toe link, like this one for example:

Old 10-19-2014, 11:26 AM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

Wow! That looks so simple. We make custom Swaybar end links with L and R monoball and a L/R handed threaded rod. Why not just make your own? You might even be able to canibalize the OEM one and weld in a new section for more length to make it easier. If you can't weld a structural welder will do that really cheaply. If you don't need much you can weld another nut onto the OEM end and screw the OEM rod end into the new nut which effectively adds length to the rod.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:01 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Just an FYI to anyone who is also looking for this, I got an e-mail back from Baer brakes a few days ago, and they said they have a front toe link for the C7, but their rear one is still not available, which is of course the one that is needed to get a proper track alignment on the C7. Will chime back in when I find one, or if anyone else knows about something, let us know.
I have had my rear prototype built since very early this year. I was waiting to release it until I had the front. The front is the difficult one.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Zip Corvettes

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

No need for changing bushings. Al one needs is a link with a larger range of length change than that provided by the C7's OEM eccentric adjuster on the rear toe link, like this one for example:

Looking at that, I can tell you it will not work. The pins are wrong, they have a taper just like the C4, C5, C6, different taper, but tapered. If you put the one that is pictured in, the weight of the car will move it around.
Maybe that is a generic picture, but I would ask questions to whoever is making that before purchase.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:59 PM
BoilerAnimal
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has there been any more progress on an adjustable rear toe link from someone ?
Old 05-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Mid America Motorworks

Received 151 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal
Has there been any more progress on an adjustable rear toe link from someone ?
Granatelli has whipped up some very nice high performance ones.

http://www.mamotorworks.com/Corvette...-2015-611829-1

Hope this helps!

-Nick

Mid America Motorworks
454 Big Block Dr
Effingham, IL 62401
www.mamotorworks.com
(800) 500-1500

Family Owned Since 1974!

The following users liked this post:
tracer3030 (05-06-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 07:40 PM
Granatelli
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I can tell you all the tapered pins we designed match perfectly to what came out. This will address your alignment issue for sure.

— New for 2016 are the Granatelli Motor Sports C7 Rear Double Adjustable Toe Links for all 2014 through 2017 Chevrolet Corvettes, including Grand Sports and Z06's. If you lower your Corvette, a four wheel alignment is a must. Granatelli Motor Sports has designed these unique double adjustable rear toe links to insure your rear tires are firmly planted to the pavement and don't wear your thread surfaces unevenly.

The .875 diameter 6061-t6 billet rods are machined true and are book ended by 5/8-18 chrome-moly heim style rod ends. Granatelli went as far as designing unique carbon steal tapered pins to mimic that of the factory to guarantee a perfect fit at both the spindle side as well as the rear chassis corners.

Double adjustability means never having to remove the factory shaft eccentrics again and makes for an infinite amount of adjustability and repeatability with ease. This unique design addresses a much needed fix in the industry and fills this void within the segment.

Installation is simple and makes alignment a snap. Best of all, this durable design stays true and will not go out of specification.

The Granatelli Motor Sports C7 Rear Double Adjustable Toe Links for all 2014 through 2017 Chevrolet Corvettes, including Grand Sports and Z06's are available through Mid America as we speak

Happy Mothers day to all the wives that "allow" us to spend our "thier" money on fun stuff

Last edited by Granatelli; 05-06-2016 at 07:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Hi Volts Z06 (05-07-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 08:22 PM
BoilerAnimal
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. Just placed my order
Old 05-06-2016, 10:08 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Here's another one that's just been released as well:

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...06A&print=true

Butt....the Granatelli kicks a$$ pricewise!!

Get notified of new replies

To C7 adjustable rear toe link source for track settings

Quick Reply: C7 adjustable rear toe link source for track settings