Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear hub suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 07:56 AM
Wickster
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rear hub suggestions

I may have screwed up my right rear hub and was wondering if the SK's were worth the extra money. My car is an '08 Z06 with 7500 miles and I do track the car.

Long story short is I pulled the rotor off and the clip holding parking brake shoe fell out. I thought I would pull the hub off the old fashion way with a slide hammer.....mistake. I did pull hard but I don't think I want to take a chance on it. Any ideas?
Old 12-01-2014, 08:38 AM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 269 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by Wickster
I may have screwed up my right rear hub and was wondering if the SK's were worth the extra money. My car is an '08 Z06 with 7500 miles and I do track the car.

Long story short is I pulled the rotor off and the clip holding parking brake shoe fell out. I thought I would pull the hub off the old fashion way with a slide hammer.....mistake. I did pull hard but I don't think I want to take a chance on it. Any ideas?
yes they a good idea
Old 12-02-2014, 09:30 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I have the SKFs on the front but still running the original stock ones on the rear. Just curious if the SKFs on the rear would be as much a requirement as they are for the front? If money is no issue, then it is a no brainer. But is it worth the extra $$s for the rears for just HPDEs? Hopefully someone with some experience will chime in here.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:06 AM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 269 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by waddisme
I have the SKFs on the front but still running the original stock ones on the rear. Just curious if the SKFs on the rear would be as much a requirement as they are for the front? If money is no issue, then it is a no brainer. But is it worth the extra $$s for the rears for just HPDEs? Hopefully someone with some experience will chime in here.
I have replaced the rears as one went bad (stock)
my car is a 09 and had the Z06 hubs stock.
the fronts are still good but flex enough to get Pad taper so they will be replaced this winter.
again the one that went bad was the left rear
so I would say that the rears are also prone to failure
Old 12-02-2014, 12:43 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

I broke an OEM right rear on track at Summit Point last year. Can't complain - it had about 40K street miles on it + ~60 track days (over half of those on R-comp/slicks). Replaced it with another stock unit - I'm figuring they should be treated as wear items - for HPDE type usage replace them every 30-40 track days.

On the front I have SKF.

Last edited by argonaut; 12-03-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Rear hub suggestions

Quick Reply: Rear hub suggestions