Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

1960 corvette with salavge title

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 03:03 PM
zimby
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1960 corvette with salavge title

I have reached an agreement with the insurance company but have not sent in paper work or rec'd payment. I do not know how long that will take so any interested parties will need to be patient.

I am the second owner of this car. I have the original bill of sale from the dealer here in California. I wanted very badly to keep the car and repair it but the insurance company considered it a total loss and so it will have a salvage title. I tried to apply for a "repaired loss" but the car did not qualify.

The car was originally a 270hp 2 x 4 car. The engine in the car now is out of a 64-65 fuelie vette. The casting no. on the block is 3782870. The front pad on the pass side head is stamped F0716RF. Stamp behind dist. is G7A. It has the large oil pan from the original 283. It was rebuilt when I did the frame off restoration between 1991 and 1994. It was line bored and balanced. New pistions and performance cam. It has 1 3/4 inch Hooker jet coated headers-Edelbrock RPM manifold- Mallory ignition. It has the original tach drive generator and replacement radiator. I have the original Harrison flat top aluminum radiator in a box- has pinhole leaks so I replaced it rather that try to fix it. The trans is the original T-10 with original linkage and shifter. The rear end is the original 4:11 posi. As bad as the photos are the car still runs fine and all the instruments work even though the cluster is broken. I can provide video of the car starting and running.

I have a 3 ring binder full of photos from the restoration. Body off- body stripped- body in primer and out of paint. Same thing for the frame and rolling chassis- from bare chassis through full rolling chassis with engine and trans and diff. Before trim install- during and after. The soft top was just recovered 6 months ago. One side pc of the frame at drivers front is slightly bent and could be easily repaired. I have the hard top ( it was not on the car in the accident ) on a stand in my garage it is painted to match in and in perfect shape. I have the original steel rims painted to match. I have the original wonderbar radio in a box. The trunk has the original board and the original spare tire.

Anyone who plans on repairing the car should know that it has about 350+ HP. With the T-10 and 4:11 posi it is very fast and it has the original drum brakes. That combination could be lethal in the wrong hands. This is not something to give your kid if you repair it as it sits.

I have removed the drivers door so I could get the car in the garage. I removed and straightened the drivers side tie rod and put it back on. It will need to be replaced if the car is repaired. The rest of the suspension was spared. The frame was dented at the impact point which was right at the x brace. That is what kept the frame from being bent. I can provide photos. The pass side door lines and trunk lines all still where they were. If the frame had been bent they would not be.

I have taken dozens of pictures of the car. I can provide interested parties with just about any shot you could want. Anyone who schedules it with me beforehand is welcome to come see the car in person.

Please be serious if you are interested in the car. I built it and know what it's worth and I know what the parts are worth. Lowballers-bottom fishers and scammers stay away please. No trades. I will provide additional photos and information to seriously interested parties.

Asking price is: $20,000.00 USD for the car as pictured in the photos or
$24,000.00 with hardtop- wonderbar radio and steel rims and aluminum radiator. Shipping at buyers expense

Thanks,
Rick Zimbelman
Orange County CA
Attached Images      
Old 01-11-2017, 06:07 PM
zimby
Cruising

Default Lowering prices

I can lower the pricing from the original ad to:

18K for the car as pictured in the photos

20K for the car + the extra items mentioned in the ad.

Thanks,
Rick Zimbelman
Old 01-14-2017, 11:30 AM
mcb55-210
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Sorry to hear of your loss. Am sure someone will have the talents required to resurrect your beauty.

To the top.

Mike
Old 01-16-2017, 01:48 PM
zimby
Cruising

Default Sold

I have sold my car to a party than plans to repair it which is what I really wanted to happen in this case. Thanks to everyone on the forum and thanks to all of you who help preserve these incredible cars.

Best,
Rick Zimbelman
The following users liked this post:
GTOguy (01-20-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To 1960 corvette with salavge title

Quick Reply: 1960 corvette with salavge title