C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Will a b&m 144 supercharger fit under a 67 big block hood?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 02:41 AM
kingovettes
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will a b&m 144 supercharger fit under a 67 big block hood?

I have a B&m 144 small under hood blower that I want to put on my 63 Vette. The car has a 67 big Block stinger hood on it. I was wondering if anyone might know if I can fit this blower under the hood. I do not want to modify my hood. Does anyone have any input?
Old 08-11-2007, 07:52 AM
66BlkBB
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by kingovettes
I have a B&m 144 small under hood blower that I want to put on my 63 Vette. The car has a 67 big Block stinger hood on it. I was wondering if anyone might know if I can fit this blower under the hood. I do not want to modify my hood. Does anyone have any input?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Here's one on flea/bay. From the photo I would say NO! You have the manifold portion that is seperate, then the blower/compressor portion and lastly the carb sits on top. I don't believe there is that much room under the 67 hood to get all of it in without some modification (hole cut so the carb and scoop stick out). Maybe someone else has experience with this but I have my doubts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SBC-T...spagenameZWDVW

Steve

Quick Reply: Will a b&m 144 supercharger fit under a 67 big block hood?