C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Parking brake adjust

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:12 PM
bweaver999
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Parking brake adjust

I am trying to adjust the parking brake. From what I have read, I should be able to adjust it like a drum brake through a hole in the rotor. I see two holes that appear to be the adjustment but can not see the adjuster:

I suspect the holes at 12 and 6 is where I should see the adjuster correct? Is the rotor simply in the wrong spot? If so, once the caliper is removed, will the rotor simply pop off or does it need a BFH beating?
Old 06-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Bill Irwin
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The adjustment holes are on the reverse side. You're on the wrong side of the rotor. Bill.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:05 AM
bweaver999
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Irwin
The adjustment holes are on the reverse side. You're on the wrong side of the rotor. Bill.
Okay, I know I am getting old and going blind, I assume the adjuster is on the bottom as the cable connects to the top. I sure can not see the adjuster. Does anything need to come apart?

Anybody have a picture of how to get at the adjuster?

I have the 66-82 Shop Manual, it pretty much glosses over the subject.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:26 AM
vettes1st
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

The rotor is simply in the wrong position. Since you'll need to remove the caliper and the rivets are already removed, it will be easy to determine the correct orientation. Might help your brake runout to get it in the proper place. Of course if the rotor has been changed or turned, it might need to be in this postion for the least runout. If your car has 63-64 spindles there will not be a hole in the hub, so you'll have to adjust with the rotor off the car. A trail fit deal, on and off several times.

Get notified of new replies

To Parking brake adjust

Quick Reply: Parking brake adjust