Go Back   Corvette Forum > C1 & C2 Corvettes, 1953 - 1967 > C1 & C2 Corvettes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C1 & C2 Corvettes
General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations Sponsored by
Flaming River
Industries

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 03-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
2009stanger

Default Fender Emblem Placement

A few months ago I joined this forum and had a question. I was amazed by the overwhelming response I received. I located a 65 Corvette with a small block. I had it inspected and all seemed good with the vehicle. The only thing I can find a little out of whack was the fender emblems(cross flags). They are placed slightly lower than they should be. The bottom is just above (or even at) the horizontal creases in the front fenders, whereas others I have seen are a few inches higher. Is this something I should be concerened about? And, can they be raised without messing up the body or would that be costly? Thanks in advance for any help.
2009stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #2
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Welcome. It pretty much means the emblems at a minimum were relocated at some point in the past, either because the owner wanted to make a cosmetic change (unlikely) or because the fender panels were replaced. Edit: Actually there's a more reasonable 3rd option - that perhaps the emblems were "shaved" by the then-owner in the 60s, and then installed by a new owner later in the 70s, 80s, or 90s.

Here's an annotated photo from my 65, this side at least has never been damaged or wrecked to my knowledge:
Click the image to open in full size.

As for moving them without messing up the body: Well, if on a rare chance they are some sort of glued on emblem (which I've never heard of for those parts) then you may be able to get it off and move it.

Otherwise you are talking about removing the emblem, filling the 2 mounting holes, drilling 2 new mounting holes, and repainting.

Last edited by 62Jeff; 03-17-2010 at 11:25 PM.
62Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:43 PM   #3
Kerrmudgeon
CF Senior Member

Location: The Great White North. Mellowing with age like fine wine!

Body shops used to repair the nose and the "v" with glass matt and the holes would get covered. Nobody in those days cared less where the emblem went back, they just eyeballed it, good enough!
^^^^^^^^^^^^Click the image to open in full size.^^^^^^^^^^^^
Kerrmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:43 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C1 & C2 Corvettes, 1953 - 1967 > C1 & C2 Corvettes
Reload this Page Fender Emblem Placement

Tags
1961, 1969, 65, corvette, emblem, emblems, fender, front, placement, repaint, side