C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

'65 Air Vent control loacations

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 08:56 AM
DSR
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 93 Posts

Default '65 Air Vent control loacations

Hi: I've been searching with no luck. I looking for a picture of the 3 air vent controls on a 1965 vette. As per AIM right and left vents look to be on both sides of the streering column, but the rear vent/fan control looks like it might go on the far left side where my headlight switch would install. I don't seem to have the room or the mounting holes in the cluster for this location. Anyone have a picture of the 3 vent cable control mounting locations?

Dave
Old 04-06-2011, 10:47 AM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

The rear vent blower cable mounts outboard of the LH kickpad vent cable, inboard of the headlight bucket switch, between the headlight and wiper switches, as shown in the Assembly Manual (UPC 1, sheet D10, item #1).
Old 04-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Mike Geary
Melting Slicks

Received 220 Likes on 167 Posts

Default Vent/Blower Cable Locations

As John says, the rear blower control cable mounts directly below the ammeter. You should have 2 holes in your cluster housing at that position.

So moving left to right, you have:

headlight u/d switch - rear blower control - LH kick vent control - steering column - RH kick vent control

The 2 holes at the far right are used to relocate the rear blower control for coupe C60 cars.

The extral cut-out on the left side of the column is used to relocate the u/d switch for C60 cars, making room for the left eyeball air outlet.

Credit Wayne Midkiff for sorting this out concisely in a 2007 posting on the TDB.
The following users liked this post:
Mike kell (08-31-2018)
Old 04-06-2011, 01:12 PM
DSR
Drifting

Thanks and by reviewing the books again & then reading the above posts I think I got it. My car is a non-air car with Vintage Air added, a non-air car & air cars came with different lenght vent cable on the drivers side? The pass.side vent cable is missing all together. So I guess I should order two new vent cables for an air car? Or are the air & non-air cables all the same? Do I need to replace rear cable with a longer one for far right side mounting as on an air car?

Dave

Last edited by DSR; 04-06-2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: rear cable
Old 04-06-2011, 02:05 PM
DSR
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike Geary
As John says, the rear blower control cable mounts directly below the ammeter. You should have 2 holes in your cluster housing at that position.

So moving left to right, you have:

headlight u/d switch - rear blower control - LH kick vent control - steering column - RH kick vent control

The 2 holes at the far right are used to relocate the rear blower control for coupe C60 cars.

The extral cut-out on the left side of the column is used to relocate the u/d switch for C60 cars, making room for the left eyeball air outlet.

Credit Wayne Midkiff for sorting this out concisely in a 2007 posting on the TDB.

What is the TDB?

Dave
Old 04-06-2011, 02:19 PM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Received 652 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by DSR
What is the TDB?

Dave
NCRS Technical Discussion Boards

Jim
Old 04-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Dennis Beck
Drifting

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by DSR
Thanks and by reviewing the books again & then reading the above posts I think I got it. My car is a non-air car with Vintage Air added, a non-air car & air cars came with different lenght vent cable on the drivers side? The pass.side vent cable is missing all together. So I guess I should order two new vent cables for an air car? Or are the air & non-air cables all the same? Do I need to replace rear cable with a longer one for far right side mounting as on an air car?

Dave
I just ordered the LH vent cable for a '66 factory AC car from Corvette Central. I had it in three days.

Dennis

Get notified of new replies

To '65 Air Vent control loacations

Quick Reply: '65 Air Vent control loacations