C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1967 blue 435 convert

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 07:14 PM
AL CURTIS
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 1967 blue 435 convert

I found a 435 convert for sale on auto ad listings.com the price is right the car is driver cond no docks .The broker for the car had it listed in Bedford Pa his phone # is 814-977-8111 number his e-mail is usmc@yahoo.com he says he is selling it for a friend in the service wants a deposit I can look at the car any time it is out east NC . _
Just talked to the broker says he will wave the deposit. I told him it sounds like a scam he will send me the owners name and address he pulled the add I gave my word I would look at the car this week.He sounds lagit will keep in touch.
AL CURTIS NCRS #18808
Old 09-21-2011, 10:14 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

I would do a search for corvette dealers in Bedford Pa, not a great rep.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:35 AM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 875 Likes on 538 Posts

www.allcorvettes.net

you may want to search these guys on the forum. I scan their site once in a while. They are in Bedford and I think I read some forum members describe them as being pretty fair. The car is probably known by them in that little town and they are either involved or could at least verify the car and seller. I would think.

I get scam emails from sellers every few years, you do have to be cautious.

I wonder how many old Corvette guys there are in Bedford, PA? Seems that could be a pretty tight-nit group...
Old 09-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Willie'sVette
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AL CURTIS
.....snip...he says he is selling it for a friend in the service wants a deposit ....snip..
I have zero knowledge about this car or any of the sellers/dealers.....With a beaker of salt I ask:

How is it that there r sooo many people selling cars for friends in the service, for friends who have died, for friends who r overseas, blah blah blah...

Maybe there's just a lot of friends in this world, eh?
Old 09-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,466 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

This dealer is Valley Auto. They always have Vettes in various condition for sale on E-bay. Do your homework! Dennis
Old 09-23-2011, 12:57 PM
AL CURTIS
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 1967 Blue 435 convert

I told the broker I will pass .The problem with the deal is the owner owes $66,000 on the car he is in the service lives in SC his bank is a navy bank on his base in SC the title is held in a bank in Chicago the banks don't hold the titles any more they sell the lean.So I could take the car but I would have to wire transfer the full price of the car to his bank the navy bank.What if the owner did not pay off the lean.Then I have a car without a title.It was to risky what would you do ? I still like the car .
AL CURTIS
Old 09-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,466 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

First, without seeing the car you have nothing too go on to determine if it's work it or is the owner upside down on the car/loan. Second, if it passes the smell test, call the the bank and ask to talk to the loan officer asking for documentation etc. If it all looks and shows well continue on. My .02 worth. Dennis
Old 09-23-2011, 01:23 PM
AOS_L79
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by AL CURTIS
I told the broker I will pass .The problem with the deal is the owner owes $66,000 on the car he is in the service lives in SC his bank is a navy bank on his base in SC the title is held in a bank in Chicago the banks don't hold the titles any more they sell the lean.So I could take the car but I would have to wire transfer the full price of the car to his bank the navy bank.What if the owner did not pay off the lean.Then I have a car without a title.It was to risky what would you do ? I still like the car .
AL CURTIS
The car also has an Oregon plate, so you have a car registered in Oregon, title held by who knows who, owner lives in South Carolina, the broker is in Pennsylvania, and you're in Illinois. I would imagine it would be a tough job getting a loan on something like that.

Get notified of new replies

To 1967 blue 435 convert

Quick Reply: 1967 blue 435 convert