C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Eaton Spring +1

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 10:43 AM
dkleather
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 261 Posts
2016 C2 of the Year Finalist

Default Eaton Spring +1

Anyone install the Eaton 9 leaf Spring +1 inch over standard on their car? When on the car do they actually raise the rear the full inch? I'm thinking of replacing the rear spring for my 64 purchased from a vendor three years ago that is already sagging. Chinese made, I suppose, and am looking at Eaton's for another to replace it. Seems to me that there would be an advantage to the +1 for future adjustments to height. Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated. Dave
Old 01-14-2013, 12:00 PM
MiguelsC2
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13

Unlike the current spring you have. The Eaton spring will sit at factory height. You may never need to adjust it. But yes the extra inch will give you a bit more adjustment.

The problem I seem to have with anybody's spring. Is bottoming out on the drivers side. I can only assume it's my weight (250lbs). Average male in 63 was about 160lbs.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:42 AM
dkleather
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 261 Posts
2016 C2 of the Year Finalist

Mine sits 25 inches on the left rear to the wheel fender lip and 23 1/2 on the right. I'm sure the left is lower when my 210 pounds are in the driver's seat and it does occasionally bottom out when going over a road dip with two people. I don't like the look of the left 25 inch side much although I see many cars that look about the same when considering where the fender lip crosses the top of the tire. I'd like to see an inch or two of space above the 205/15 tires which is why I asked about the +1 spring.
I had air shocks on it for awhile but when inflated to raise the height an inch or two they seemed to torque the lower shock bracket downward which I didn't think was a good thing so I removed them.
I've searched past posts discussing various measures of height and assume about 26 inches front and rear to the lip is about right. My front end sits at 26 1/2 both sides. Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Eaton Spring +1

Quick Reply: Eaton Spring +1