C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Southern California guys...........do you remember this car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 01:10 AM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Default If I looked up the definition of Corvette family

Originally Posted by FISHNFOOL9
Hey guys. Happy New Year to you all. Sorry i have not done any corvette stuff in a few months. Health crap put a major dent in my life and everything came to a stand still. Hope to get some work done on the 63 and drive the 67 more and more. My plan this year is to stay healthy and live the corvette dream!!!

Happy New Year,
Brian
Your family would be there! I had my second life threatening accident a few years back, so I know about being healthy one day and then having that come crash down on you! Glad to hear from you!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 01-06-2015 at 01:21 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:55 PM
Dr L-88
Le Mans Master

Received 1,240 Likes on 457 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Winner - Modified
2021 C1 of the Year Winner - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year (stock)
C2 of Year Winner (stock) 2019
2017 C1 of the Year Finalist

Default Any more life in this thread?

Hate to see this thread die.................................but all good things must come to an end. Anyone got any more to add?

In my spare time (which there is very little of) I'm still trying to get Terry's race engine up to spec.......................changing cams again (3rd one) so I can (HOPEFULLY) get the dual air meter FI unit running again like it once did . Bought a set of original American Racing wheels (like / similar to what Terry had on the car) from Forum member Sub006, so I'm anxious to get them fitted and hoping for adequate fender clearance. Also, am still trying to negotiate on the original block...........................thi s should probably become my main focus. Anyway, hope someone can add to the thread. If not, it has far exceeded my expectations from nearly a year and a half ago when I made that initial post.

Thanks to all who have participated and contributed.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:13 PM
jimgessner
Safety Car

Received 638 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr L-88
Hate to see this thread die.................................but all good things must come to an end. Anyone got any more to add?

In my spare time (which there is very little of) I'm still trying to get Terry's race engine up to spec.......................changing cams again (3rd one) so I can (HOPEFULLY) get the dual air meter FI unit running again like it once did . Bought a set of original American Racing wheels (like / similar to what Terry had on the car) from Forum member Sub006, so I'm anxious to get them fitted and hoping for adequate fender clearance. Also, am still trying to negotiate on the original block...........................thi s should probably become my main focus. Anyway, hope someone can add to the thread. If not, it has far exceeded my expectations from nearly a year and a half ago when I made that initial post.

Thanks to all who have participated and contributed.
It has been a great ride. I would love to see a new focus on another neat car like this one. It makes us all go to our old shoe box full off old photos...... and stories
Old 01-30-2015, 02:33 PM
sub006
Race Director

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

[QUOTE=Dr L-88;1588823927]Bought a set of original American Racing wheels (like / similar to what Terry had on the car) from Forum member Sub006, so I'm anxious to get them fitted and hoping for adequate fender clearance. Also, am still trying to negotiate on the original block...........................thi s should probably become my main focus.[QUOTE]

Wow, the original block with correct carb or FI unit, shielding, etc. would be a DYNAMITE companion to your GENUINE vintage racer in car show displays! And raise the value of the car + its "two original" engines package to near the top of the historic SWC range.

Glad I could contribute to your project, the Aluminum Sport Wheels could not have gone to a more deserving machine. I think we're all waiting for the pictures!

Last edited by sub006; 02-01-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:09 PM
sub006
Race Director

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

Hey! Did everyone take a side trip on the Cheetah thread? Time to get back to SoCal rodding and racing memories!

Old 02-16-2015, 11:13 PM
jimgessner
Safety Car

Default A new so. Cal car !!! Does anyone know it?

DOES ANYONE RECOGNIZE THIS RECENT 2014 DISCOVERY?

1965 BLACK / BLACK COUPE WITH 36 GALLON BIG TANK, VIN #1203 FOUND IN A WAREHOUSE IN LOS ANGELES. OLD CALIFORNIA PINK SLIP DATED 1975.
PER NCRS SHIPPER SOLD NEW
COURTESY CHEVROLET
LOS ANGELES, CA

Tuxedo Black Paint
Black Interior
327 365HP
Transistor Ing.
AM-FM Radio
Power Windows
Telescopic Column
Tinted Glass-All Windows
36 Gallon Fuel Tank
Positraction 4:11 Rear
4 Speed Transmission
Off Road Exhaust
Power Brakes

FENDER FLARES. NO ROLL BAR OR RACE ITEMS IN OR ON THE CAR. DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THIS CAR ???? LARRY J. PIERCE IN LOS ANGLES WAS THE OWNER IN 1975.

CAR WAS AT BLOOMINGTON 2014 WHERE THERE PHOTOS WERE TAKEN.

Last edited by jimgessner; 02-16-2015 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:13 AM
mattnSD
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Kathy Lee Clippinger Car Update

Just giving you guys an update. I took Kathy's car to Tucson this last weekend (actually drove it 450 miles) for the 2015 Regional NCRS meet. Even after losing all her paint points due to the stripe....she drew quite a bit of attention and regionally Top Flighted without the mileage points. Looking forward to filling her in...

Jim reviewing old race results....

Al Grenning judged the Mechanical...

Last edited by mattnSD; 03-24-2015 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Adding photos
Old 03-24-2015, 09:24 AM
Dr L-88
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mattnSD
Just giving you guys an update. I took Kathy's car to Tucson this last weekend (actually drove it 450 miles) for the 2015 Regional NCRS meet. Even after losing all her paint points due to the stripe....she drew quite a bit of attention and regionally Top Flighted without the mileage points. Looking forward to filling her in...

Jim reviewing old race results....
CONGRATULATIONS Matt !!!! That is SO cool to be able to take your car to that meet and especially to drive it there. I know you had a blast. Glad to see our buddy Jim Gessner there.

Take care and good luck with your beautiful and historic car.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:03 PM
mattnSD
Racer

CONGRATULATIONS Matt !!!! That is SO cool to be able to take your car to that meet and especially to drive it there. I know you had a blast. Glad to see our buddy Jim Gessner there.

Take care and good luck with your beautiful and historic car.
By the way REX,
David Brigham (National NCRS Judging Chairman) and Bill Calorico (66 National Team Leader) came up and met with me after the meet to discuss the early steps of a potentially new award/category within NCRS. "Sportsman Heritage", "Vintage Concourse", etc. It's still in an early stage, but the focus will be on former race cars with significant documentation that may not qualify for American Heritage due to its strict guidelines. There are certainly a handful of cars from the WSCC/SCC SCC scene that should qualify for it. Modifications, etc. will be accepted and embraced (Im assuming vintage photo documentation will need to be provided to support the mods). How cool would it be to have these cars lined up in a "reunion"?!!!
Old 04-30-2015, 11:09 PM
Dr L-88
Le Mans Master

Default Project update

Sorry for the poor video quality...............................a better one to come soon.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:30 AM
mattnSD
Racer

Sorry for the poor video quality...............................a better one to come soon.

355 Fuel inj - YouTube
Very, very cool Rex!
Old 01-05-2016, 08:02 PM
SKT
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, what an amazing thread!

So much great information shared here - too much to have it not resurfaced for others to enjoy.

Sincerely appreciate everyone's contributions!

Let's see some more.

Old 01-07-2016, 06:21 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Default I kind of moved on looking for a new group that would accept me!

And is more into sharing history!

I am over as an experiment talking to all of the guys about car and racing histories at Facebook Race car registry. The forums I thought were a more appropriate place to retain histories on topics etc. and the ability to search etc is there, but not the crowd. I am waiting for the Investors to taint my participation! I saw the cool Cobra guy pulled all of his posts off of this thread and I fully understand that. Most guys are greedy on sharing, but will do so with their close buddies only. I for enthusiasts was willing and did a lot of sharing, but too many investors took advantage of this information to up their fabricated claims on chains of Ownerships, etc.. I saw a number of guys add claimed connections to this Socal history all over the place outside of this thread.

I think i have the most total posts on this one and that was even after deletion of over 70 of them pertaining to history!

It was cool that the OP Rex L88 got a lot back from this thread! happy, but a little bitter at the same time. The enthusiast i hope is doing well and I appreciated the most was Brian Hedekin followed by some others. Best wishes to you and your ""health""!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 01-08-2016 at 01:52 AM.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:44 PM
Trabuco Fred
Heel & Toe

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is a picture of another dual air meter Rochester FI as installed on my 1964 Corvette(Cheetah)

Old 03-31-2016, 10:48 PM
Dr L-88
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Trabuco Fred
Here is a picture of another dual air meter Rochester FI as installed on my 1964 Corvette(Cheetah)

NEAT car !!!! Thanks for sharing Fred. Do you own an original Cheetah?

Thanks,
Rex
Old 04-01-2016, 02:22 AM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Default If that is Fred Yeakel

NEAT car !!!! Thanks for sharing Fred. Do you own an original Cheetah?

Thanks,
Rex
Ya he owns a Real Cheetah!!!!

Ps Rex I have to make some time to continue looking up history of your friends car! I left off checking early Trans Am and was next going to pull out the SCCA literature! I just haven't got to that yet!
Old 04-01-2016, 07:51 AM
jimgessner
Safety Car

I was advised of a 64 race Corvette coupe on CRAIGSLIST yesterday
http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/cto/5506248042.html

I think This car was owned by Jon Hoyt Sr. Auto cross veterans Laurie and Steve Schrab from Phoenix remember the car and Jon. The add says call Jon. Maybe son Jon Jr. owns it today. My email has not been answered

Get notified of new replies

To Southern California guys...........do you remember this car?

Old 04-01-2016, 11:32 AM
Dr L-88
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by TCracingCA
Ya he owns a Real Cheetah!!!!

Ps Rex I have to make some time to continue looking up history of your friends car! I left off checking early Trans Am and was next going to pull out the SCCA literature! I just haven't got to that yet!
Thanks for your efforts Derek. Please don't invest any more of your time as this has become a moot point due to some erroneous history we found about my friend's car.

As always, THANKS for ALL your help. You are a great guy and friend !

Rex
Old 04-01-2016, 12:23 PM
Trabuco Fred
Heel & Toe

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Rex,
Yes that is me. The nice part about my daughter vintage racing a 1964 Stingray is so much commonality with the Cheetah mechanically. It is the ex Alan Green Chevrolet Cheetah. Check out our web site cheetahcars,com
Old 04-01-2016, 12:38 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Default I did not think Cheetahs changed there spots

Originally Posted by Trabuco Fred
Rex,
Yes that is me. The nice part about my daughter vintage racing a 1964 Stingray is so much commonality with the Cheetah mechanically. It is the ex Alan Green Chevrolet Cheetah. Check out our web site cheetahcars,com
I walked up to your cool race car driving daughter down at Coronado and she told me you guys had preserved the original cheetah body and had chosen to reinstall it! You guys always show up with first rate turn out of cars and add to the fan enjoyment and your family is very friendly always! True enthusiasts!

Quick Reply: Southern California guys...........do you remember this car?