C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

If you have a 58-60 blue Al Knoch interior, what color steering wheel do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 12:50 AM
jusplainwacky
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 65 Posts

Default If you have a 58-60 blue Al Knoch interior, what color steering wheel do you have?

I have a 58 and I'm looking for a repro steering wheel that matches my Al Knoch blue interior. I found out from Al Knock that the blue they use from 58-60 is all the same color...just the pattern is different.

I also found out that the original 58 steering wheel was a very pale blue...called "gray blue" and it doesn't match the interior at all. It looks more like a faded blue than anything and although it maybe original looking, I don't like it.

I was told from Corvette Central that "Frost Blue" would be correct, but then I was told by Dave at Crane's corvette that Jewel blue is a better match than the Frost Blue.

So instead of relying on the dealers as to what blue matches the Al Knoch blue interior, I thought I would reach out to the Forum.

And yes, I understand that none of the wheels match exactly, but based on the responses I get here, I should be able to determine the one that matches the closest.

Quick Reply: If you have a 58-60 blue Al Knoch interior, what color steering wheel do you have?