C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Texas guys question

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 12:28 AM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Texas guys question

anyone been to the swap meet in belton in dec, anything for vette heads or other gm stuff??
Old 11-26-2014, 09:08 AM
Texaspilot180
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

I've been to most of the swap meets at various times, and the biggest factor is always the weather. If it's super cold, really wet or violent T-storms I find a lotsof the vendors don't bother coming as planned or simply fold up shop and leave early. If the weather looks great a few days prior I would go, but you need to dig and search for anything Corvette. I've never really found anyone Corvette specific, but found guys that are brand specific so if you find a guy with lots of GM stuff start searching, never know what he might have laying there in this heap of stuff. Knowing what you are looking for helps, as I've found some good stuff where the seller wasn't sure what it was, just knew it was GM and wants to sell it. But that is becoming the exception any more. With guys having lots of GM stuff like that I may ask after digging through their stash, as sometimes they don't bring everything and may have more stuff at home. A few times I've found OEM C2 stuff like lens, trim, *****, door handles but mostly just small stuff, sometimes find larger used parts but if you take your time and look carefully you can probably find something but probably not what you need, but there is stuff to be had.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:42 AM
ktchir
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Texaspilot180
I've been to most of the swap meets at various times, and the biggest factor is always the weather. If it's super cold, really wet or violent T-storms I find a lotsof the vendors don't bother coming as planned or simply fold up shop and leave early. If the weather looks great a few days prior I would go, but you need to dig and search for anything Corvette. I've never really found anyone Corvette specific, but found guys that are brand specific so if you find a guy with lots of GM stuff start searching, never know what he might have laying there in this heap of stuff. Knowing what you are looking for helps, as I've found some good stuff where the seller wasn't sure what it was, just knew it was GM and wants to sell it. But that is becoming the exception any more. With guys having lots of GM stuff like that I may ask after digging through their stash, as sometimes they don't bring everything and may have more stuff at home. A few times I've found OEM C2 stuff like lens, trim, *****, door handles but mostly just small stuff, sometimes find larger used parts but if you take your time and look carefully you can probably find something but probably not what you need, but there is stuff to be had.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:42 PM
hundriver
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Never been there. HD
Old 11-26-2014, 10:08 PM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

thanks, will watch weather and hope for the best. nothing really needed but like to dig around because as you said, never know might find good stuff.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:31 PM
mblake101
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 220 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Belton

Glad you started this thread. When is Belton this year?
Old 11-27-2014, 01:24 AM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

6 Dec from 8-6 is what I wrote down
Old 11-27-2014, 10:08 AM
Qblue92
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by LT1driver
anyone been to the swap meet in belton in dec, anything for vette heads or other gm stuff??
I wouldn't go. I went to it a few years back and it wasn't worth going.
Where are you located? Go to the meet at the Grand Prairie horse track, Feb Decatur, and PATE.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:48 AM
gibs04
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Qblue92
I wouldn't go. I went to it a few years back and it wasn't worth going.
Where are you located? Go to the meet at the Grand Prairie horse track, Feb Decatur, and PATE.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:31 AM
nitrojunky
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by samkki
http://.com/Al61l

someone permaban this guy, this has been going on for months!

https://cleantalk.org/blacklists/samki.bi785@gmail.com

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...rchid=44064638

Get notified of new replies

To Texas guys question

Quick Reply: Texas guys question