C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Windshield trim help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 04:58 PM
slalomfiend
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Windshield trim help please

Hello All, finally got a nice piece of glass installed - third time's a charm! Question is this, how is the cup shaped spacer installed at the top of the side trim? Which direction does the open cup side face? Attached are pics of the backside of trim with the retainer installed, the screw kit with spacer and the AIM page (items 4/5) showing the spacer coming in from the back side. Does it go between the retainer and the w/s frame or in from the back as a washer for the screw?? Thanks in advance!

Old 09-29-2016, 07:10 PM
slalomfiend
Racer

Default thanks

I meant to add that I will hopefully be installing this tomorrow morning so chime in as soon as you can
Old 10-06-2016, 05:16 PM
slalomfiend
Racer

Default Also...

Can someone post a pic of the outer stainless trim? All the pics I see show the lower leg of the side trim overlapping the lower front but someone posted that opposite is correct. Which is it? Thanks!!
Old 10-06-2016, 06:17 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Did you figure out how the cupped spaced goes???

It can only go one way if you stop and think about what the cupped spacer is trying to do to make the black retainer you show in your molding tighten down. I have not seen them with the washer before...but that is not saying that the washer is not needed.

The trim you are referring to...which is the side pillar trim. AT THE BOTTOM it slides OVER the BOTTOM TRIM.

At the TOP...it slides OVER the top center trim.

DUB
Old 10-06-2016, 07:31 PM
NightshiftHD
Drifting

Received 339 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by slalomfiend
Hello All, finally got a nice piece of glass installed - third time's a charm! Question is this, how is the cup shaped spacer installed at the top of the side trim? Which direction does the open cup side face? Attached are pics of the backside of trim with the retainer installed, the screw kit with spacer and the AIM page (items 4/5) showing the spacer coming in from the back side. Does it go between the retainer and the w/s frame or in from the back as a washer for the screw?? Thanks in advance!
Rhett, as I recall that cup spacer goes on the screw with the hollow end facing outward toward the trim ... basically as a washer for the screw as you mention.

Also, I screwed up on the other thread about your outer reveal trim. The center pieces go on first and then the vertical pieces overlap the center pieces top and bottom where they meet. I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that yesterday, but after looking at my pictures, I gave my head a small wrap Bill
The following users liked this post:
slalomfiend (10-10-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Windshield trim help please

Quick Reply: Windshield trim help please