C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Power Brake Booster Removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 05:50 PM
steinboy56
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Brake Booster Removal

Anyone care to give me the directions on removing my power brake booster?? 67 327 4sp
Old 09-26-2003, 06:05 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Default Re: Power Brake Booster Removal (steinboy56)

Heres a start, remove all the brake fluid, unhook the lines, remove the drivers side wiper, remove the drivers side cowl vent, remove the distribution block, remove the line from the intake, remove the rod from the pedal inside the car, unbolt the assembly.

Tom
Old 09-27-2003, 03:05 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,858 Likes on 1,101 Posts

Default Re: Power Brake Booster Removal (Tom McCabe)

You don't need to remove any fluid or disconnect any lines first - just unbolt the master cylinder from the booster (2 nuts) and pull it forward off the studs, then do the drill to remove the booster - no need to remove the wiper or vent grille either - the two top bolts go into a nut plate that's riveted to the firewall (if it's originally a power brake car) - if power brakes were added later with loose nuts and bolts for the two top attachments, you'll have to remove the wiper arm and vent grille. You remove the two lower booster nuts from under the dash where the studs come through the front flanges of the brake pedal support. :thumbs:
Old 09-28-2003, 10:32 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Default Re: Power Brake Booster Removal (JohnZ)

Thanks John, I was going with the reverse of what I was going to have to do if we convert my Dads Carlise purchase to power brakes, dead on as usuall.

Tom :steering:
Old 09-29-2003, 01:38 PM
drd1vette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Power Brake Booster Removal (JohnZ)

John, you really help us out all the time. You saved my behind more than once lately. Thanks again. :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Power Brake Booster Removal

Quick Reply: Power Brake Booster Removal