C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Trailering C2's

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 10:08 AM
FRAC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailering C2's

I know, I know, drive'em don't trailer them.

I have a 67 cpe that I'm trying to achieve the "Bowtie" award with, so I'm going to trailer it until I finish that process.

My question is with enclosed trailers, with appropriate "D rings", how do most folks tie them down. I would assume with straps over the "A" frame on the front, but how do you attach the straps on the rear. The only time that I have trailered it before is on an open trailer with wheel straps, but the enclosed trailer doesn't seem to lend itself to wheel straps.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Frac :) GB
Old 02-12-2004, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Trailering C2's (FRAC)

I have trailered several of our cars in a closed trailer many times, both c2's and c3's. The front is easy to do by feeding the strap thru the front a-arms. I use the heavy duty nylon type straps with the ratchet type lock downs. On the rear I feed the straps around the shock mounts and cris-cros the tie downs. This seems to hold the rear in place very well and I have never had an issue.

Good luck with your bowtie process! :cheers:
Old 02-12-2004, 10:40 AM
FRAC
Racer

Default Re: Trailering C2's (RLH)

Thanks for the info. That is exactly what I needed to know. I said "A" frame, but I see that you knew what I meant. It is tough growing old mechanically challenged.

Frac :) GB
Old 02-12-2004, 03:34 PM
58Vette65
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Trailering C2's (RLH)

On the back and the front I use a short strap about 2 1/2 foot with D-rings on both ends. On the rear I just run them over the axle and use a jacking type tie down strap or A7A straps for the Military folks. I never tie down to the frame!!!
Old 02-12-2004, 04:14 PM
EZG63Conv
Instructor

Default Re: Trailering C2's (58Vette65)

When I had Rally Wheels I would pull the trim rings and pull tie down straps through the slots in the wheels. EZ sends

Get notified of new replies

To Trailering C2's

Quick Reply: Trailering C2's