Side exhaust covers, almost done.....questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Jeremy58Jeremy
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Side exhaust covers, almost done.....questions

Hey guys, I recently got a set of original side exhaust covers back from chrome. I plan to sell them, so do you guys think I should paint them factory style or if they were going on your car would you want them bare chrome to paint as desired? I know some guys like to color match with their cars. My other question is value, is there any premium for original parts with these things? The chrome looks good, with very small casting flaws due to the degraded original material, so I would call them 90% or so. The insulators are pretty beat, I have reinforced all of the mounting points with new fiberglass, but they are still old and fragile. What do you think a fair price would be, I have a ton of money into them.....
Thanks
Jeremy
Old 02-12-2013, 03:00 PM
redman76
Melting Slicks

Received 347 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

If I were buying, I'd like them chromed . . . might be a look that I like and would like to have that option. If I wanted to paint stock or to match car color, then I would have that option too. Would be more difficult to take paint off than to add.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi J,
I think the gray paint shows off the fins, and cut's down on the amount of chrome showing.
I'd paint them.
Regards,
Alan

As far as price is concerned I guess you have to estimate how your restored covers and insulators rate compared to the Paragon reproductions.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Jeremy58Jeremy
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by redman76
If I were buying, I'd like them chromed . . . might be a look that I like and would like to have that option. If I wanted to paint stock or to match car color, then I would have that option too. Would be more difficult to take paint off than to add.
Yea thats kind of the way I was leaning also. It wouldbe a pain to strip new paint off if you wanted to do something different

Get notified of new replies

To Side exhaust covers, almost done.....questions

Quick Reply: Side exhaust covers, almost done.....questions