Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many nuts/bolts hold this on???

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Default How many nuts/bolts hold this on???

I am trying to separate the window from the regulator on my 68 doors. The power window is stuck in the up position so I am reaching in blindly (black widows and all!!!) trying to loosen them. How many area there? And is my theory correct... If I separate the window from the regulator, shouldn't I be able to remove the regulator, slide the window down, remove the top trim and then pull the window out?
Old 10-30-2013, 01:18 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Be extremely careful. Stop now and use something to prop the door glass firmly in the up position. Removing the regulator could allow the glass to fall and you could lose a finger on any of the edges of the openings in the door.

It is not likely anyone has a pic of what you want since everything you are working with is inside the door. A vendor has made this example available. Remember, you are looking at the door from the outside with the door skin removed.

My advice is to purchase the assembly instruction manual (AIM) and study the diagrams showing the installation of the regular and the door glass.

Otherwise, your theory is correct; lower the glass out of the way; remove the trim, then take the glass out the top.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi 13,
As Mike's pictures shows... 2 that attach the lower glass track for the rollers on the regulator's arms, and 1 that fastens the front track roller to the glass.
Regards,
Alan
Old 01-15-2020, 07:35 AM
autoalain
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 23 Posts

Well, the darn thing is in, I tired all morning again, many different ways, finally cut the fuzzy just above the channel parts, put up window, put in channel, lowered window, but in upper fuzzy and all works fine,
hated to butcher a new part, but after the cut it took me 15 min. to get it working, about 8 hours screwing around or 15min after a cut.. next window I have to do...cut.. anyways, thanks all for your comments.
and suggestions.

Get notified of new replies

To How many nuts/bolts hold this on???

Quick Reply: How many nuts/bolts hold this on???