Sponsored by:

Need Help With My Wipers!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 04:09 PM
Sugar Bear
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help With My Wipers!

OK Guys, another uninformed newbie question here. I just put a new wiper motor on my '81 and was readjusting the wiper arms IAW the AIM. The problem I am having is that when the wipers go to "park" the left hand one is actually dropping below the bottom edge of the windshield. I was wondering if my wiper stop is setting too far below the bottom edge of the windshield. I measured it and it is 5/8" from the bottom edge of the windshield to the top of the wiper stop. Is this right or should it be closer? The wipers were not working when I bought the car and in fact the wiper arms were off from where Bubba had been tinkering around so I have no mental picture to go by. Just using the manuals and what I can find online.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:48 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,606 Posts

see if this helps
http://willcoxcorvette.com/instructi...%20picture.JPG
Old 03-18-2015, 07:19 PM
Sugar Bear
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply Mel but that's not what I'm looking for. That's a copy of the adjustment instructions in the AIM, which I have. The problem I'm having is that when the wipers go to park and come to rest against the park stop the left hand blade is actually going off the bottom of the glass and coming to rest against the stop but under the bottom edge of the glass. My question is this, could my park stop be too far away from the glass? Like I said, there is a 5/8" gap between the bottom of the glass and the stop. Is it supposed to be that way or should it be closer to the glass? I wouldn't put it past Bubba to have bent it down for some reason. After all, he did fix the tail lights with a strip of aluminum foil!

Get notified of new replies

To Need Help With My Wipers!

Quick Reply: Need Help With My Wipers!