The lone brown wire...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 08:09 AM
kruser
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default The lone brown wire...

Hi C3 people,

I am still working on my late '77 corvette and now doing the carpet. After reassembling the full dash, I have one wire left that I can't find its rightful place. I believe the wire is for the transmission kickdown. It is coming off a switch that gets actuated when you depress the gas pedal, the orange wire goes through the firewall, and the brown wire is fairly long, and its connector end has a male and female connector, which shows to be an intermediate between two other wires. The problem is, I can't seem to find where it goes. Anyone out there know where this connector goes? I appreciate any help.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:38 AM
speedreed8
Melting Slicks

Received 299 Likes on 202 Posts

you are correct the brown wire comes off the fuse box, part of the transmission kickdown solenoid. there is also a tan wire that connects to the brown and orange wires at the downshift switch.
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...TUxMDNiMTY3Nzk
Old 08-27-2015, 02:26 PM
Strokemyaxe
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Oops. I guess I missed the part about the switch. I'm curious though, I thought the TH350 was all just a manual kickdown cable hooked up by the carb. I've never noticed this electronic wire/solenoid.

Stroke

Last edited by Strokemyaxe; 08-27-2015 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:53 PM
kruser
Advanced

So, the wire comes off the kick down switch at the gas pedal, by the schematic, it shows to connect to the blower harness...Why would the transmission kicked down be connected to the blower wires?

Originally Posted by Strokemyaxe
Oops. I guess I missed the part about the switch. I'm curious though, I thought the TH350 was all just a manual kickdown cable hooked up by the carb. I've never noticed this electronic wire/solenoid.

Stroke
Old 08-27-2015, 09:28 PM
speedreed8
Melting Slicks

That's where it gets power from
Old 08-29-2015, 07:31 AM
kruser
Advanced

So, the wire comes off the kick down switch at the gas pedal, by the s?chematic, it shows to connect to the blower harness...Why would the transmission kicked down be connected to the blower wires?

Originally Posted by Strokemyaxe

Stroke
Old 08-29-2015, 08:38 AM
speedreed8
Melting Slicks

the brown wire is a + feeder wire from the fuse box, supplies power to the blower switch and to the kickdown solenoid. Gm just tapped into the brown wire with a connector to supply power to the KD solenoid. Later models this was deleted.

Last edited by speedreed8; 08-29-2015 at 08:41 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To The lone brown wire...

Quick Reply: The lone brown wire...