Sponsored by:

The Villages Car Show - Not Real Happy with how it was run tonight

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 11:43 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Received 250 Likes on 173 Posts

Default The Villages Car Show - Not Real Happy with how it was run tonight

I took mine to The Villages car show and I am NOT happy.

They run registration from 3 to 6 and the show continues until 9 or 10 or whenever everyone fades away. Typically, late arrivers slide in the back entrance and fill in the holes where many have left early. They don't get judged, but most just want to be parked in a good area and be seen. Many of the early cars leave about dark, it is a senior community, so there typically are a lot of empty spaces. Tonight was no exception. There had to be at least two dozen open spots when we got there tonight.

Tonight, they were closed registration at 4 and wouldn't let anyone in. they put up gates and kept everyone out. There were classic cars parked in parking lots, on the streets, everywhere, and these crazy old people park their golf carts right next to them, crowding in because they only need a foot to get out of a cart.

Now tI could understand not letting anyone in it they had no spots or late arrivers insisted on being judged and getting trophies, but many just want their cars seen and safe. But there were probably about two dozen or more empty spots and they wouldn't let anyone in. and the number increased, as right after getting there about 10 cars pulled out and left.

I could care less if I get judged. But I don't want to park in a regular parking lot where some careless individual is going to slam their door into mine when there are dozens of open spaces for the classic cars.

When they decided they couldn't let all the other classic cars in, and there were a lot, they should have at least assigned one parking lot to them so they could park safely. Just scattered wherever you get was not a good thing to do.

I'm not driving 25 miles down there to find I have to park behind some building in a regular parking lot where who knows who can slam doors into mine or park a golf cart right up against it.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:02 AM
tpfarm
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Sounds like The Villages have over thought what should be just a fun time for Classic Car enthusiasts to get together and have a good time.
Here in Palm Springs we have a car show every 1st Saturday in the month during season put on by the Palm Springs Cruising Association .
For five bucks you can park your car in a roped off parking lot with plenty of room and enjoy yourself all day.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:16 AM
High Altitude Vette
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Golf carts...Who the hell thought those were a good idea..come on fl
Old 09-20-2015, 06:45 AM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,221 Likes on 2,303 Posts

I'd complain about that on a world-wide forum instead of to the people running the show.
The following 2 users liked this post by 65GGvert:
kenpofan (09-23-2015), vettefred (09-20-2015)
Old 09-20-2015, 08:16 AM
3JsVette
Race Director

Received 2,492 Likes on 1,645 Posts

It doesn't take much to ruin a good thing does it?

Last edited by 3JsVette; 09-22-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:25 PM
CorvetteKid82
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
I'd complain about that on a world-wide forum instead of to the people running the show.
Because no one in his neck of the woods would ever see his post...

Lake Mary did something like that at one of their cruises and blocked off entry early. Sadly they were opening the gates for their friends that were arriving late and stuffing them in spots that others were turned away from. Needless to say I have not felt the need to go to that cruise since then.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:50 PM
71 Green 454
Le Mans Master

Received 1,186 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by High Altitude Vette
Golf carts...Who the hell thought those were a good idea..come on fl

Never been to the Villages, but have met people that live there. One person we know moved back to Tampa.....it wasn't for them, too many rules.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:28 PM
LS4 PILOT
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

I hate golf carts

Get notified of new replies

To The Villages Car Show - Not Real Happy with how it was run tonight

Quick Reply: The Villages Car Show - Not Real Happy with how it was run tonight