C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to Purchase 71 LT-1 carb/intake gasket??

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 10:40 PM
wallifishrmn
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Where to Purchase 71 LT-1 carb/intake gasket??

Where can I buy a gasket #3989390??? Carb/intake manifold gasket for a 1971 LT-1. DrRebuild list them but no place to order them.

Thanks Paul
Old 01-13-2016, 10:55 PM
Ironcross
Race Director

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

A good auto parts store....The Felpro brand list them
Old 01-14-2016, 12:02 AM
Rowdy Rat
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by wallifishrmn
Where can I buy a gasket #3989390??? Carb/intake manifold gasket for a 1971 LT-1. DrRebuild list them but no place to order them.
It depends on what you're looking for.

If you just need a gasket to seal the top end, then the Fel-Pro brand that was mentioned will do a good job.

If you need something that looks like the original, then your job will be a bit tougher. The side gaskets are available from Paragon last I checked... Their end gaskets used to good too (with the "GM" logo), but I seem to remember that may not be the case any more. There is someone selling them on eBay, so that's an option.

You'll probably need to source the correct carb gasket as well (the original is 1/4" thick). Holley offers something really close in their catalog.

Regards,

Stan Falenski
Old 01-14-2016, 07:24 AM
wallifishrmn
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I need one that looks original for judging. Just bought one from Paragon--very thin. The orignal needs to be 1/4 inch thick. Anyone know where to buy one please let me know. Thanks
Old 01-14-2016, 09:05 AM
Rowdy Rat
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by wallifishrmn
I need one that looks original for judging. Just bought one from Paragon--very thin. The orignal needs to be 1/4 inch thick. Anyone know where to buy one please let me know. Thanks
You are talking about the carburetor to intake manifold gasket. Check the Holley catalog. I don't recall the part number, but they do offer a gasket that is very close to the configuration of the original... It's black in color, completely open in the plenum area, and 1/4" thick.

The description and availability of the intake manifold to block gaskets are as I described in the post above.

The carburetor to air cleaner gasket is a tan pressed paper gasket, not the black ones being sold currently. Holley used to sell these as well... You can occasionally find old stock for sale on eBay for a few bucks.

Regards,

Stan
Old 01-14-2016, 09:21 AM
Don Rickles
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 134 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C3 of Year

Originally Posted by Rowdy Rat
You are talking about the carburetor to intake manifold gasket. Check the Holley catalog. I don't recall the part number, but they do offer a gasket that is very close to the configuration of the original... It's black in color, completely open in the plenum area, and 1/4" thick.

The description and availability of the intake manifold to block gaskets are as I described in the post above.

The carburetor to air cleaner gasket is a tan pressed paper gasket, not the black ones being sold currently. Holley used to sell these as well... You can occasionally find old stock for sale on eBay for a few bucks.

Regards,

Stan
Stan,
Not to steer this thread away, but I found that Holley still has the little four way plastic Tee available, used on the AIR systems, just like the originals!

Back to topic......
Old 01-14-2016, 10:13 AM
Rowdy Rat
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by War Bonnet
Stan,
Not to steer this thread away, but I found that Holley still has the little four way plastic Tee available, used on the AIR systems, just like the originals!

Back to topic......
Kevin,

Good call, been buying those for a while too!

Holley still has a few bits and pieces left for our cars.

Regards,

Stan
Old 01-14-2016, 12:25 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,606 Posts

Look at Holley part number 108-12
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-108-12/overview/

Get notified of new replies

To Where to Purchase 71 LT-1 carb/intake gasket??

Quick Reply: Where to Purchase 71 LT-1 carb/intake gasket??