Sponsored by:

Insurance Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 01:42 AM
cdavis03
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Insurance Help!

Ok, so i'm 16 and just bought my 78SA a few weeks back and it's almost finished so i'm getting started at looking for insurance but everywhere I go none of the companies go back to 78' on their options online, what companies should I try and is anyone else under 18 and have a c3? If so let me know, need some help haha
Old 06-28-2016, 03:18 AM
dastardlydalton
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For my 75' I have hagerty insurance, im 22 but for monthly payments its 43$ which isn't bad at all.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:08 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Who insures your parents' vehicles? Start with their agent and look into insurance for you.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:27 AM
gungatim
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 84 Posts

ditto above. you want to talk to a REAL agent who can shop for policies from different companies, or add to your parents insurance. online is quick and convenient for current model drivers but not for classics unless you do Hagerty or one of the classic car insurers.

The General is not a real agent.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:57 PM
cdavis03
Racer

Originally Posted by dastardlydalton
For my 75' I have hagerty insurance, im 22 but for monthly payments its 43$ which isn't bad at all.
What kind of insurance do you have? I need it to be my daily driver haha
Old 06-28-2016, 10:59 PM
mortgageguy
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by cdavis03
Ok, so i'm 16 and just bought my 78SA a few weeks back and it's almost finished so i'm getting started at looking for insurance but everywhere I go none of the companies go back to 78' on their options online, what companies should I try and is anyone else under 18 and have a c3? If so let me know, need some help haha
Let me get this straight! 16 years old. Bought a C3. Has finished said C3 in a FEW weeks.

I have a deal for you. I will adopt you, pay for your insurance, pay for your college education, and write you in my will. You are the dream child for us C3 guys.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:22 PM
cdavis03
Racer

Originally Posted by mortgageguy
Let me get this straight! 16 years old. Bought a C3. Has finished said C3 in a FEW weeks.

I have a deal for you. I will adopt you, pay for your insurance, pay for your college education, and write you in my will. You are the dream child for us C3 guys.
Haha, DEAL! I've loved the C3's since I was 11 so i've been saving a while and doing some odd jobs to make some money to make it work! (My dad being a Mustang guy for the past 30+ years wasn't too excited haha) but I bought the project for $3,200 and it needed a lot of work but that's what I was looking for! I was looking for something I could work on and finish and be able to say "I did that" and when I have kids hopefully have the same car and when they have kids have the same car and pass it on in the family. So far it has been primed 3 times, sanded a lot... trust me, rims polished, brake pads/rotors replaced, new front calipers, new tires, new gas lines, undercoated, and a lot more but I go work on it everyday and there's always something to do so i'm getting it done pretty fast in my opinion. My uncle has a garage so I have all the resources and tools I need! All it needs now is to be painted which i'm just waiting for a nice day thats not too humid to get done! It's gonna be charcoal grey. Also needs carpet as you can see but can't afford it right now haha. Pretty cool to have my dream car at 16! Only into it $5200 after everything so i'd say it was a pretty good deal! I'll post the pictures I have of it right now and then in a few days i'll post the pictures of her done

Last edited by cdavis03; 06-28-2016 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:36 PM
corvetero
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Haha, DEAL! I've loved the C3's since I was 11 so i've been saving a while and doing some odd jobs to make some money to make it work! (My dad being a Mustang guy for the past 30+ years wasn't too excited haha) but I bought the project for $3,200 and it needed a lot of work but that's what I was looking for! I was looking for something I could work on and finish and be able to say "I did that" and when I have kids hopefully have the same car and when they have kids have the same car and pass it on in the family. So far it has been primed 3 times, sanded a lot... trust me, rims polished, brake pads/rotors replaced, new front calipers, new tires, new gas lines, undercoated, and a lot more but I go work on it everyday and there's always something to do so i'm getting it done pretty fast in my opinion. My uncle has a garage so I have all the resources and tools I need! All it needs now is to be painted which i'm just waiting for a nice day thats not too humid to get done! It's gonna be charcoal grey. Also needs carpet as you can see but can't afford it right now haha. Pretty cool to have my dream car at 16! Only into it $5200 after everything so i'd say it was a pretty good deal! I'll post the pictures I have of it right now and then in a few days i'll post the pictures of her done
I wish have had all this at the age of 16....congrats buddy.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:37 PM
cdavis03
Racer

Originally Posted by corvetero
I wish have had all this at the age of 16....congrats buddy.
Thanks! Now if only I could find insurance that isn't $245/Month haha
Old 06-28-2016, 11:42 PM
corvetero
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks! Now if only I could find insurance that isn't $245/Month haha
Try your father contacting Hagerty and including you as second driver
Old 06-28-2016, 11:43 PM
cdavis03
Racer

Originally Posted by corvetero
Try your father contacting Hagerty and including you as second driver
Ok thanks!
Old 06-29-2016, 12:54 PM
mortgageguy
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 115 Posts

You are going to be the coolest guy in your high school! Your thinking, at age 16, is so far ahead of the curve , it's scary. This forum is the place for you. The son of a Mustang guy...huh...who would have thought it?
Old 06-29-2016, 12:56 PM
cdavis03
Racer

Originally Posted by mortgageguy
You are going to be the coolest guy in your high school! Your thinking, at age 16, is so far ahead of the curve , it's scary. This forum is the place for you. The son of a Mustang guy...huh...who would have thought it?
Yep, my dad has a 2007 Saleen Mustang, I think its kinda funny because my uncle has a 2010 Camaro 2SS, a 69' C-10, and my other uncles has a 2012 Challenger R/T and my grandpa has a 69' El Camino and I got the 78' Vette so we got about everything in my family haha nobody quite has the same taste 😂
Old 06-29-2016, 07:20 PM
dastardlydalton
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of insurance do you have? I need it to be my daily driver haha
for my C3 I have hagerty, for my daily drivers I use USAA.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:37 PM
cdavis03
Racer

Ended up just going on my dads insurance with full coverage with me as primary for $43/Month! I'm happy!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Insurance Help!

Quick Reply: Insurance Help!