Sponsored by:

Relay switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 07:58 PM
Pepsi#1
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relay switch

I have a possible relay located in the corner of the battery box behind the drivers seat. I have tried but just cannot attach the pic. The relay gets extremely hot and it bothers me. What is it? Is this an add on or is this original equipment for an 82 Stingray? Previous owner states that is may drain the battery and he believes it is the electronic fuel pump relay. Any help will be appreciated. I am having trouble using this site so I hope I can recover the answers that I receive, Thx.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:48 PM
Mooser
Race Director

Received 3,139 Likes on 2,070 Posts

It really helps us help you when we know something about the car... especially the year. Motor and transmission don't hurt either
Add it to your profile so we see it under your avatar and don't have to go searching to find out what you have.
Thx
M

Oh, and where you are located can also help, maybe someone else here is down the street, across town, in the same city/state/province/country/continent and could help
M

Last edited by Mooser; 08-23-2016 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:07 PM
SIXFOOTER
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome aboard, I see this is your first post. You have to load your pics on a host site like photobucket, then copy the link from there into your post in here.
I do not recall a relay in the batt compartment so I am going to guess its an add on, maybe for a alarm, stereo power, antenna relay. No telling. Pics will help
Old 08-24-2016, 05:52 AM
Antz81
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts

There is a relay for the fuel pump in the battery compartment on the 82. But it's located behind the computer so it is hard to see and get to. Not sure if that is the relay you're referring to.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:11 PM
Pepsi#1
Cruising

Originally Posted by Mooser
It really helps us help you when we know something about the car... especially the year. Motor and transmission don't hurt either
Add it to your profile so we see it under your avatar and don't have to go searching to find out what you have.
Thx
M

Oh, and where you are located can also help, maybe someone else here is down the street, across town, in the same city/state/province/country/continent and could help
M
Located in Pahrump, NV 45 miles NW of Vegas. The car is a 1982 Stingray Coupe. 350 with auto trans
Old 08-24-2016, 05:21 PM
Mooser
Race Director

Received 3,139 Likes on 2,070 Posts

Fuel pump relay for an 82 in the batt box with the puter as antz81 says

Now I'm sure someone familiar with the later c3s will be along to help with some details on hoe to troubleshoot that relay

Welcome aboard the forum
M
Old 08-24-2016, 07:27 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Are you SURE it is a relay and not the fuse holder in the right rear corner of the battery box???? Not meaning to insult your intelligence...but I had to ask.

Because I HAVE had this fuse holder get REALLY HOT and that is due to the fuse and or terminals are dirty and need to be cleaned ...and the terminals in the fuse holder need to be pressed more together to hold the fuse tight.

DUB
Old 08-25-2016, 09:04 PM
Pepsi#1
Cruising

Default relay

Originally Posted by SIXFOOTER
Welcome aboard, I see this is your first post. You have to load your pics on a host site like photobucket, then copy the link from there into your post in here.
I do not recall a relay in the batt compartment so I am going to guess its an add on, maybe for a alarm, stereo power, antenna relay. No telling. Pics will help
Working on the pic for you thx for the reply
Old 08-25-2016, 09:05 PM
Pepsi#1
Cruising

Default Relay

Originally Posted by Antz81
There is a relay for the fuel pump in the battery compartment on the 82. But it's located behind the computer so it is hard to see and get to. Not sure if that is the relay you're referring to.
Thx that helps I am trying to send some pixs
Old 08-25-2016, 09:07 PM
Pepsi#1
Cruising

Default Relay

Originally Posted by DUB
Are you SURE it is a relay and not the fuse holder in the right rear corner of the battery box???? Not meaning to insult your intelligence...but I had to ask.

Because I HAVE had this fuse holder get REALLY HOT and that is due to the fuse and or terminals are dirty and need to be cleaned ...and the terminals in the fuse holder need to be pressed more together to hold the fuse tight.

DUB
It just may be a fuse. Thx for the reply I am attempting to send pics
Old 08-27-2016, 11:07 AM
Pepsi#1
Cruising

Default fuse or relay

Originally Posted by Pepsi#1
Thx that helps I am trying to send some pixs
My email is frank.czajkowski@gmail.com please send me an email and I will attached the pixs. Maybe you will have a better idea. I appreciate your previous reply. Thank you.

Get notified of new replies

To Relay switch

Quick Reply: Relay switch