Sponsored by:

Wire connector identity

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 08:38 AM
antoniov1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wire connector identity

Does anyone know what the name of this type of connector is? Power door lock harness that clicks into the switch.
The following users liked this post:
530planeman (10-19-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 07:29 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

NAPA sells them. I have some at my shop but do not know the number right off the top of my head.

I believe Standard Ignition products sells them also.

DUB
Old 10-19-2016, 07:54 PM
antoniov1
Racer

Ok thanks dub you are always useful! Hey quick question I heard there is a way to put a power window spring in without taking the regulator out. Have you heard of that and if so what's the trick? Mine is in the drivers side
Old 10-20-2016, 06:45 PM
DUB
Race Director

Originally Posted by antoniov1
I heard there is a way to put a power window spring in without taking the regulator out. Have you heard of that and if so what's the trick? Mine is in the drivers side
I honestly do not know how someone would do that. I just did one on a 1975 and took out the regulator,...but I did leave the door glass in.

The only way I know is to remove the regulator and then the motor so the spring can be put in place and then the regulator rotated and put under tension. You want to REMEMBER ...this spring is to AID the motor in raising the door glass. The spring makes it so the glass is not as heavy.
SO you want to make sure when you put the spring in. ...the tension on the spring is trying to raise the door glass.

I 'think' someone is full of crap when they say that they can replace the spring with the regulator still attached.. The regulator arm has to move more than the door will allow it.

DUB
Old 10-21-2016, 01:42 AM
antoniov1
Racer

Could you help me with a detailed outline on how to do that? I've never even bothered with anything windows except the motor. And wanna get this done so I can put my door panel back in and have my interior back to par lol.

Yea I was kinda thinking the same thing about doing it without taking it out.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:10 PM
DUB
Race Director

YES I can...but I am not going to sit here for hours and type it all out in detail.

PM me and I will give you my shop phone number and you can call me when you are at the car and I am at work.

Unless someone wants to jump in and give the procedure.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To Wire connector identity

Quick Reply: Wire connector identity