C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to drill, emblem positions please!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 05:24 AM
the-esses
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to drill, emblem positions please!

Just purchased some second hand emblems for my '75 which was minus these when I bought it, a front badge and two fender Stingray's and I'd like to know the exact mounting positions (give or take a bit I'm not NCRS) before I have to drill the holes in the Vette ...

The front emblem is actually from a '73 so if I want to put a correct '75 one on at a later date are the mounting holes the same.?...And what fixes the Stingray against the fender, speed nuts or double sided or both?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've looked at photos but they're never head on so a dimensioned pic or diagram would be fantastic
Old 03-04-2007, 06:46 AM
mstanton
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a 71 several years back that had all the emblems removed. Here's what I did. On all the emblems except the Stingray script I was able to see the original holes on the back of the fiberglass. For those I just drilled the original holes. For the Stingray, I made a template by pushing the emblem through cardboard to get the holes correct. I referenced the AIM and looked at several pictures of other cars for the location. Then taped the template to the side of the car and drilled the holes. It was uncomfortable drilling but turned out great. The emblems that I used had adhesive on the back side and speed nuts.

Quick Reply: Where to drill, emblem positions please!