C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Actuator Removal Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 12:33 AM
mmccarthy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Actuator Removal Problem

I had some vacume system problems an identified two components in need of repacement. One is the right headlight actuator but I am having trouble removing the actuator. After removing the four nuts holding it in place, does the rod srew out of the housing or the actuator itself? The actuator is pulling back from the housing but not coming loose from the car. How do I disconnect the rod so I can replace the rod seal.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:13 AM
wombvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I never remove them from the car to install the boot. Just remove the springs and pivot pin from the front of the rod and then screw off the end. Replace boot and reinstall everything. Much easier and takes only a few minutes. If you insist on removing it, you still remove the front pivot pin. Note: sometimes the end will be rusty and not come off.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:11 AM
MN81C3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wombvette
I never remove them from the car to install the boot. Just remove the springs and pivot pin from the front of the rod and then screw off the end. Replace boot and reinstall everything. Much easier and takes only a few minutes. If you insist on removing it, you still remove the front pivot pin. Note: sometimes the end will be rusty and not come off.
Great info. i have been putting of pulling the acutuator to replace the boot. Glad i do not have to remove

Get notified of new replies

To Headlight Actuator Removal Problem

Quick Reply: Headlight Actuator Removal Problem