C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Needed w/1973 Radiator & A/C Condenser Installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 12:02 AM
VCuomo
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Help Needed w/1973 Radiator & A/C Condenser Installation

I'm in the midst of installing my DeWitts radiator in my 1973 coupe. It's a long story, but basically I started this 4 years ago and never completed the project. And, since it's been so long, I don't remember how it was originally assembled...

Do any of you have diagrams or pics of how the A/C condenser mounts to the radiator core support frame? I have the AIM and it shows how the radiator is supposed to be installed, but I don't see anything related to the A/C condenser.

TIA!
Old 09-02-2014, 11:06 AM
71 Green 454
Le Mans Master

Received 1,186 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by VCuomo
I'm in the midst of installing my DeWitts radiator in my 1973 coupe. It's a long story, but basically I started this 4 years ago and never completed the project. And, since it's been so long, I don't remember how it was originally assembled...

Do any of you have diagrams or pics of how the A/C condenser mounts to the radiator core support frame? I have the AIM and it shows how the radiator is supposed to be installed, but I don't see anything related to the A/C condenser.

TIA!
I just put mine back together. Not sure if yours is the same as my '71 BB, but the top of the condenser mounts via the inside bolts of the top radiator support brackets, and the lower part screws into the radiator support using sheet metal screws.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:46 PM
DonnieP73
Burning Brakes

Received 520 Likes on 226 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by VCuomo

TIA!
This is how it installs on my 73.

http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/asset...ette/23084.jpg

Donnie
Old 09-02-2014, 04:40 PM
VCuomo
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Perfect! Thanks guys!

Get notified of new replies

To Help Needed w/1973 Radiator & A/C Condenser Installation

Quick Reply: Help Needed w/1973 Radiator & A/C Condenser Installation