C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjusting windows on an 80 Vet.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 05:53 AM
joefloyd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting windows on an 80 Vet.

I have one window that will not go all the way up, it stops about 2 in below the top. Is there a photo showing how to adjust the windows
Old 10-22-2014, 06:20 AM
havesometo
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by joefloyd
I have one window that will not go all the way up, it stops about 2 in below the top. Is there a photo showing how to adjust the windows
http://willcoxcorvette.com/repairand...lp.php?hID=102
Old 10-22-2014, 04:15 PM
BLUDICE
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by joefloyd
you need to service the tracks first
did you replace any of the weatherstripping?

Last edited by BLUDICE; 10-22-2014 at 04:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-22-2014, 06:23 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

If it is stopping when the door is shut....but will go up when the door is open. AND you replaced weatherstripping like BLUDICE mentioned...welcome to the PARTY.

WHEN it stop...does it make a 'clunking' sound...and you can actually pull the glass up all the way by hand???? IF so...you have a bad gear on the regulator.

ALSO...if your window track rollers are not in really, really, really good condition...it will allow the window to move in and out...thus making any adjustments about impossible and a waste of time. TRUST ME...a WASTE OF TIME!!!!!! AND if these roller do have play in them...there is going to be no way for the glass to seal correctly to the weatherstrip...depending on the density of what you have for weatherstrip currently.

DUB

Last edited by DUB; 10-23-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:20 AM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
If it is stopping when the door is shut....but will go up when the door is open. AND you replaced weatherstripping like BLUDICE mentioned...welcome to the PARTY.

WHEN it stop...does it c=make a'clunking' sound,,,and you can actually pull the glass up all the way???? IF so...you have a bad gear on the regulator.

ALSO...if your window track rollers are not in really, really, really good condition...it will allow the window to move in and out...thus making any adjustments about impossible and a waste of time. TRUST ME...a WASTE OF TIME!!!!!! AND if these roller do have play in them...there is going to be no way for the glass to seal correctly to the weatherstrip...depending on the density of what you have for weatherstrip currently.

DUB
Take DUB's advice. I have sloppy rollers and the windows move in and out. I have replaced all the weather strips surrounding the windows. Then I adjusted my windows (what a pain in the ***). Over time I have ruined my A-post weather strips and I still have an air leak on the right front upper corner. Sometimes it seals and sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't pay to do this stuff bass ackwards.

Get notified of new replies

To Adjusting windows on an 80 Vet.

Quick Reply: Adjusting windows on an 80 Vet.