C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lars carb rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 06:21 AM
mikep3
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Lars carb rebuild

Received cab from Lars yesterday and installed it in 20 minutes. I cranked the engine till there was oil pressure, stopped and pushed the throttle half way once and started cranking the engine. It started with no hesitation and after several minutes the choke opened and dropped out of high idle.
I dropped the hood and went for a test drive. No hesitation in first on start up from being stopped and it pulled smoothly through the gears. Wide open throttle was explosive in first and second. In fourth the transition was smooth when the secondaries opened. Two miles out it started to rain and I returned home, I live in Central New York and it does that a lot.
How exciting it is for me to work on the C3 and have it work!
I wonder if Lars does AC or Vacuum stuff on C3's.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:12 AM
ggroller
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

How do I get ahold of Lars?

My Tri Power needs some love.

Thanks,

Garrett
Old 04-21-2015, 08:49 AM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

v8fastcars@msn.com
Old 04-21-2015, 08:54 AM
CA-Legal-Vette
Race Director

Received 318 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by mikep3

How exciting it is for me to work on the C3 and have it work!

When I was building my engine and various vacuum and ignition systems, it was invaluable knowing that the carb was working properly so you could chase the real problem. Saved a ton of time and effort.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:41 PM
ggroller
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Street Rat
thanks!
Old 04-22-2015, 02:12 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,926 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Originally Posted by mikep3
Received carb from Lars yesterday and installed it in 20 minutes. How exciting it is for me to work on the C3 and have it work!
Great to hear that the carb is running as it should and that you're having some fun with the car! Keep up the good work - I hope you get enjoyment out of the car this summer!

Lars
Old 04-22-2015, 03:11 PM
mikep3
Burning Brakes

Well it's freezing here with daytime temps of 45. I would like to test it driving across CO were you have heat and altitude. Last June I drove Pikes Peak and it was a challenge with my old q-jet.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:54 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,926 Likes on 1,931 Posts

If you get the car out here again, make sure you stop by the "Corvette Viking Lounge and Workshop" and I'll go over the car and set it up for you.

CorvetteForum members are always welcome here at the workshop, and I've had enthusiasts from all over the US and the World stop by with their cars (Vettes and GTOs) for a little complimentary tuning and tweaking. All you have to do is let me know you're coming by, and the Welcome Mat will be out, the beer will be cold, and the Scotch will be old.

Lars
Old 04-24-2015, 02:38 AM
mikep3
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lars
If you get the car out here again, make sure you stop by the "Corvette Viking Lounge and Workshop" and I'll go over the car and set it up for you.

CorvetteForum members are always welcome here at the workshop, and I've had enthusiasts from all over the US and the World stop by with their cars (Vettes and GTOs) for a little complimentary tuning and tweaking. All you have to do is let me know you're coming by, and the Welcome Mat will be out, the beer will be cold, and the Scotch will be old.

Lars
Thanks, I am going to Yosemite in 2016 and would like to take the US50 from Lake Tahoe to Denver. It's a great drive once you get past Montrose CO.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:14 AM
aussiejohn
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Gunniston River Road???

G'day,

When I left Lars' home in 2003 on the way back from the 50th Anniversary bash, we headed south and cruised along the Gunniston ( sp?) River Road after leaving Pikes Peak and I have to say, the scenery is on par, if not better than the Grand Canyon. If you can drive that road "backwards" to Denver, you're in for a real treat, scenery-wise.

Regards from Down Under.

aussiejohn

Get notified of new replies

To Lars carb rebuild

Quick Reply: Lars carb rebuild