C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1980 poly spare issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 03:29 AM
t dino
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1980 poly spare issues

I am happy to say i finally removed my spal fans and went back stock. After 2 failed new chinese radiators i went black ice dewitt should have listened the first time but the radiator i took out was chinese and i was worried about fit issues. Happy as a clam with my decision now i want to put a spare tire back in the holder but even if i buy a space saver poly rim you can't buy the tire that option is out i am running 255 60 r15 on stock rims i don't want to lower my hanger what kind of rim will work with what tire will any chevy 15 inch rim work or is their a science to this also i don't want to mess up the differential I had mechanic work done by mark chace auto in clackamas oregon no one else wanted to work on my car did a great job at a great price don't know about the new vetts buy he knows the old ones I have had a draw on my battery for 9 years no one could fix he disconnected the original alarm system under the console no more draw their are some good mechanics out their they are hard to find any help on my spare tire dilemma would be great. I discontinued my triple aaa and went haggerty gold towing AAA will only tow to a registered shop you have no choice on tow company I waited 7 hours and they finally showed up read all the reviews AAA IS GARBAGE
Old 07-04-2015, 07:44 AM
BKarol
Melting Slicks

Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

You need to buy a 205/75/15 tire and put it on a space saver rim. The tire height for a 255/60 measures 27.05 & the 205 is 27.11. Can't get much closer than that & I did not need to adjust the carrier.
Old 07-04-2015, 01:22 PM
t dino
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by karol
You need to buy a 205/75/15 tire and put it on a space saver rim. The tire height for a 255/60 measures 27.05 & the 205 is 27.11. Can't get much closer than that & I did not need to adjust the carrier.
thanxxxxx i like the simple answers not the i made this work

Get notified of new replies

To 1980 poly spare issues

Quick Reply: 1980 poly spare issues