C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Dust Brake Pads?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 09:52 PM
Kim72
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Low Dust Brake Pads?

Looking for recommendations on low dust brake pads. Currently running Hawke pads, which are great for stopping power, but are extra dusty. Too dusty for my liking. Constant cleaning problem. This is for street cruising only.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:08 AM
Tampa Jerry
Le Mans Master

Received 1,328 Likes on 960 Posts

Default Pads

I use Hawks in my NSX, 66 coupe and 68 coupe. Are you using the street Hawk pads? I don't have a problem with dust. You could always go back to the stock pads. They are inexpensive and do not create too much dust. Jerry
Old 10-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

If you want a quality aftermarket pad take a look at the Carbotech 1521 pad. low dust stops like OEM if not better and last longer. 100% non corrosive dust will not harm your paint or wheels.
If interested let me know I will be happy to help you.

Carbotech™ Bobcat 1521™ The Carbotech Bobcat 1521™ is our high performance street compound that is our most successful compound. The Bobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX™ & XP™ line of compounds, Bobcat 1521™ is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non-corrosive dust. Bobcat 1521™ offers outstanding performance, even when cold, low dusting and low noise with an excellent initial bite. This compound’s virtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Bobcat 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 900°F. Bobcat 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle, police cruiser. The Bobcat 1521™ compound has been found to last two-three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership or national retailer. That’s one of the beauties of Carbotech Ceramic brake compounds. Bobcat 1521™ is NOT recommended for any track use.

F:$139 R:$139 Less 5% forum discount.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 10-06-2015, 03:11 AM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Good quality ceramic pads will make much less brake dust...and it won't be that black, gummy cr@p. The brakes will still have decent stopping power, but not as grabby as carbon-based pads. If you race the car or make frequent power-stops, ceramics are probably not for you.

Get notified of new replies

To Low Dust Brake Pads?

Quick Reply: Low Dust Brake Pads?