C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heater hose question

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 07:16 PM
silvvette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default heater hose question

Am in the process of swapping engines (c4 lt1). Need to reposition the heater hose lines (from the heater core to the water pump) - Does it matter if the 2 hoses from the heater core lay secured on the frame rail (and then attach to the water pump) Or do they need to be upright position due to the inline heater check valve?

Any idea?
Old 02-21-2016, 07:27 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Does not matter. I am assuming that the check valve you are referring to is actually the hot water shut off valve.

DUB
Old 02-22-2016, 08:42 PM
silvvette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DUB
Does not matter. I am assuming that the check valve you are referring to is actually the hot water shut off valve.

DUB
Thanks DUB, yes the hot water shut off. It wouldn't be completely flat against the frame, maybe 25% would rest on the frame as it inclines to the water pump.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:07 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Just make sure ....because it seems that this is a CUSTOM engine install scenario.....so...keep in mind 'movement' ..'accessibility to the part for future servicing' and trying to make it so the heater hoses are somewhat secured and can not flop around and rub a hole in them in the future. NOT writing that you had not considered what I just wrote.

For what it is worth: On some of the custom engine jobs I work I will slide on some of the woven black shielding material to help protect it....and in some areas I even use the black plastic split loom material for wiring harnesses.

I never use the stainless steel sleeving material on heater hoses and radiator hoses. I just do not like the look. To me it never fits snugly and looks cheap like I am trying to 'look' like eh real stuff is being used....but not wanting to take the steps to actually do it. I prefer to use the REAL stainless steel braided hose. But that is just me.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To heater hose question

Quick Reply: heater hose question