C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1982 power mirrors sudeenly not working.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 03:59 PM
Igidy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 1982 power mirrors sudeenly not working.

Hey all, so I was doing some work in my shift/center console on my 82 CE (replacing fan blower switch and gear/shift indicator). When I put the thing all back together I noticed that my power windows are no longer working when previously they were working fine. I thought I might have accidentally disconnected the plug to the controls (like I have done so many times with the power windows switches) so I opened it back up and found that the power mirror controls were all hooked up and seemingly fine (the wire harnesses coming off of the controls were all plugged in down the line).

I'm wondering if there is a fuse connected to the power mirrors that I might have blown in the process of connecting/disconnecting plugs to the other switches.... I haven't been able to find anything about a specific fuse on the 82's that controls the power mirrors but was hoping someone else knows! Thanks for the help!
Old 09-17-2016, 06:54 PM
rmm82
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

According to the service manual, the electric mirrors are powered through the radio fuse. Looking at the fuse box, that is the 4th row from the bottom, 3rd fuse from the left (10 amp).

Quick Reply: 1982 power mirrors sudeenly not working.