C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

connector under ash tray

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 12:16 PM
prostreeter
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default connector under ash tray

when i put test light on e and pos. battery test light lights. now if i put test light to body ground and d should test light light, it dosen't and i have no check engine light key on off.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:15 PM
sunflower 1972
Drifting

Received 537 Likes on 363 Posts

What in gods name are you trying to do!
Old 12-08-2016, 09:32 PM
vbgod1
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I guessed he is trying to read codes from the Aldl. His profile says it's an 80, and I didn't think they had Aldl connectors, so I have no clue.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:41 AM
prostreeter
Instructor

Originally Posted by vbgod1
I guessed he is trying to read codes from the Aldl. His profile says it's an 80, and I didn't think they had Aldl connectors, so I have no clue.
first off my vettte at this time in life is an 81. i,m trying to find why i have no ck.engine light. i.ve done the screw driver thing still no light.touched test light to pos post on battery to e in connector to verify ground.checked wires to connector visibly look ok as does print circuit.if you read my other post i.m trying to find out why car runs fine with m/c unplugged but dies within a minute when i start it plugged in unless i pedal gas or hold chke butterfly almost closed. carb was just worked on by mech. to replace acc.pump. i,m 78 and this thing is putting me in early grave, should i just pull every thing out and go to 80 carb systym. thank,s to all for any help
Old 12-09-2016, 10:48 AM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,606 Posts

read post #9 in this thread concerning the two fuses that should be checked
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-1981-vet.html
Old 12-18-2016, 11:00 PM
Antz81
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by sunflower 1972
What in gods name are you trying to do!
I think I know what he was trying to do since he was using a test light. But he should have checked between terminal A and ground. this would indicate the condition of the check engine lamp. (if light glows the lamp is OK.)
Old 12-19-2016, 05:47 PM
prostreeter
Instructor

Originally Posted by Antz81
I think I know what he was trying to do since he was using a test light. But he should have checked between terminal A and ground. this would indicate the condition of the check engine lamp. (if light glows the lamp is OK.)
my gm manual says connect d and e with screwdriver???????to get check engine light. thanks, bill
Old 12-19-2016, 05:54 PM
Antz81
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by prostreeter
my gm manual says connect d and e with screwdriver???????to get check engine light. thanks, bill
yes d and e to read codes. Grounding a will cause the check engine light to light up with the ignition on (which it should anyway). But can be useful for working out if you have a bad lamp or a bad ecm.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:37 AM
prostreeter
Instructor

Originally Posted by Antz81
yes d and e to read codes. Grounding a will cause the check engine light to light up with the ignition on (which it should anyway). But can be useful for working out if you have a bad lamp or a bad ecm.
test light comes on but nothing for check engine, i know bulbs are good as i tested them,all gauges work except oil pressure, thanks ,anymore help appreciated but time and my mechanic aren't working to well. dub has given me alot of help and I thank everyone. Bill

Last edited by prostreeter; 12-20-2016 at 11:40 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To connector under ash tray

Quick Reply: connector under ash tray