C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manual transmissions won't go into forward gear

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 11:43 AM
Tewski
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'23-'24

Default Manual transmissions won't go into forward gear

Just reinstalled Muncie transmission, and hooked up the shifter and adjusted the shifter linkage as described by the service manual. I could shift into all gears perfectly fine after following that procedure. I then installed the driveshaft, I did this while the transmission was in neutral. I then go to install the lower boot, prior to installing the lower boot, I wanted to verify everything shifted fineagain, and that's when I found I could no longer shift into a forward gear, only reverse. I removed the levers on the 1/2 and 3/4 and tried to shift them using a wrench, they wouldn't go into a forward gear. They would go into gear prior to the driveshaft installation.

I don't what happened and I don't know what to fix. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 12-23-2016, 01:54 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,606 Posts

have you tried disconnecting the drive shaft?
you are sure the reverse lever on the case is not engaging reverse, loose bolt at lever?
Old 12-23-2016, 02:17 PM
Tewski
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'23-'24

Originally Posted by MelWff
have you tried disconnecting the drive shaft?
you are sure the reverse lever on the case is not engaging reverse, loose bolt at lever?
I didn't disconnect the driveshaft, I did remove the cover and I am able to manually move the sliders into all of the gears with the driveshaft connected. It's a new cover, forks, and levers, I'm going to put the old stuff back on and see if I encounter the problem again.

Get notified of new replies

To Manual transmissions won't go into forward gear

Quick Reply: Manual transmissions won't go into forward gear