C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fluid on pass side floor

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 07:01 PM
buelldude
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fluid on pass side floor

So "Project red" is coming along. I was putting in the supports for the seatbelts under the seats and noticed some fluid all the way forward on the passenger floor. It is some kind of oil, no smell to it and not a lot of it either. I'll be the first to tell you, I don't know this car all that well yet but I'm on the road to figure it out. I'm thinking AC, would that be spitting out oil in the car???? If you have the answer to this let me know. Thanks
Old 02-25-2017, 07:19 PM
mortgageguy
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 115 Posts

My first thought was coolant leak from the heater core. But, if you're sure its oil, it might be the oil line that runs to your oil pressure gauge. What year is your car?
Old 02-25-2017, 08:10 PM
buelldude
Intermediate

yeah its coming down by the kick panel and its some kind of oil, I don't smell any coolant

Old 02-25-2017, 08:10 PM
buelldude
Intermediate

Last edited by buelldude; 02-25-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:51 PM
mortgageguy
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 115 Posts

If it's the console side kick panel, then it's the plastic oil line. It's not a difficult project. Mine is a 72 also. If it's the kick panel on the door side, I've never heard of oil coming from over there.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:13 PM
Ryan Menzies
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by buelldude
So "Project red" is coming along. I was putting in the supports for the seatbelts under the seats and noticed some fluid all the way forward on the passenger floor. It is some kind of oil, no smell to it and not a lot of it either. I'll be the first to tell you, I don't know this car all that well yet but I'm on the road to figure it out. I'm thinking AC, would that be spitting out oil in the car???? If you have the answer to this let me know. Thanks
If it for sure is on the passenger side foot area, then it could be PAG oil from the A/C Evaporator. Maybe there's an issue/hole with that Evap coil that's leaking.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:50 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Bought my '72 in '95 and one of the early fixes up north yet was replacing the OEM brass heater core.....with yet another brass core.....which failed a little while ago, and so I am just in the final stages of buttoning up the second replacement, and when pulling the carpet back both times, I noted wet on the floorboard, leaking....it was under the carpeting and into the insulation, of course I had the entire interior of the car out, replacing the carpeting back when, and so it's now plastic lined, glad it's a '72 with glass floors......

Get notified of new replies

To fluid on pass side floor

Quick Reply: fluid on pass side floor