C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will C4 mufflers fit a C3?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 10:16 PM
Ex_F-Body_Enthusiast
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Will C4 mufflers fit a C3?

Dumb question, but I'm looking for some straight flow-thru mufflers for my '82, and I'm seeing a good deal more choices for C4's. I'm looking for something like these from Mid America:

http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=1.119.6263

I see that I'll need to fab some "L" shaped brackets to fit the hangers at a minimum, but I don't know if the inlet bends or the lengths are correct? I want to get something that I can just clamp on and take off if I don't like it, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-05-2004, 10:39 PM
LiveandLetDrive
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Do you still have your sparetire carrier? If not, you have a fair bit of space to work with back there. If you can find some meant to fit C3s you're probably better off though.

-Chris
Old 12-05-2004, 10:55 PM
PROSOUTH
Drifting

Location: Manchester, Dead Center in the Middle of TN 25 miles to Jack Daniels,10 miles to Geo Dickle, and .8 mile from the Liquor Store at I-24 Exit 114
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Back in the early '80s I was buying a lot of automotive salve with a friend of mine. I bought three skids of '86 Corvette wheels and two skids of mufflers that were new take offs. We sold all of the mufflers to the C-3 guys to go on their cars. I put a set on a '78 Silver Ann. I had. The muffler shop put them on for me. It was no problem I remember for sure. Looked cool with the dual outlets under the bumper. jim

Get notified of new replies

To Will C4 mufflers fit a C3?

Quick Reply: Will C4 mufflers fit a C3?