Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F/S 73 Vette Convertible $20K

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 03:24 PM
hsaarch
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F/S 73 Vette Convertible $20K

Really Nice Car, runs great, completely rebuilt in the late 90's.

body and undercarriage in excellent condition. No rust, all bushings in good shape, car tracks strait and true.

Interior original and in excellent condition. New carpet

Has rebuilt numbers matching engine with performance camshaft, Edelbrock Performer intake and Holly vacuum secondary carb.. You can see from the picture it runs cool, good oil pressure and good charge. Some of the Pictures are from Marks Cruise Night in Granby CT, I try to get there most Mondays when the season starts

Factory original blue exterior color with new repaint. Factory blue bucket seat interior. original seats, new carpets, everything in good shape.

Car runs excellent, shifts smoothly, tracks straight, no vibration. Good oil pressure, holds perfect temperature, can be driven anywhere. Car spent it's first 34 years in Florida, now located in Connecticut. Stored in heated garage from October to April. I have original steering wheel and ignition shielding to go along with car, all in excellent condition. The car has some small nicks in the paint from driving and from dropping a bicycle on it in the garage (nose). Otherwise the car is really nice. Trim code on last picture

This car came form the factory with the L48 V8 that has been significantly upgraded. you should be able to tell from the video.

There is a slight oil leak from the oil pressure sending brass fitting on the manifold and from the oil pan gasket. all fluids including oil, transmission and rear differential have been replaced last year..

The bumper is from a 75, the car is a 73. the VIN number is 1Z67J3S428534

The clock doesn't work.. hasn't since 1974

The car is in really good shape and drives excellent, a lot of fun to drive!

Cash sale, $20K. (my wife won't let me take anything less)Not interested in a trade at this point. The car will not be released until full payment has cleared. The car is located in Burlington CT.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:48 AM
hsaarch
Advanced

I was hoping to get some input from members on the forum about whether or not this was a reasonable price to ask for this car or if I should just remove the thread. Any input is welcome!.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:49 PM
GRipp 73
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts

You have posted a fair amount of info, a lot of great photos, and placed a starting asking price. Overall, I would say it is a good ad. Better than some with no photos and people just listing a year and exterior color.

Give it a little more time, and a bump every now and then to let people know you are serious about selling. 73's are a unique animal in the Corvette market from what I have seen. They are priced all over the place as some don't consider them true chrome bumper cars, but they aren't full rubber bumper cars either. So it just takes a little more time to sell it to the right person that is looking for that particular car with those options.

Good Luck!
Old 04-12-2015, 07:52 AM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi h,
I think the asking price is right about where it should be.
The top side looks good. Perhaps a couple more pictures of the interior and engine compartment, and some of the chassis would encourage someone to contact you. I feel as though I'm was seeing just part of the car.
Good Luck!
Regards,
Alan
Old 04-12-2015, 08:37 AM
hsaarch
Advanced

Thanks for the input, I kinda thought I should post some undercarriage pictures as I wold like to see them if I were going to consider buying a car. I just got the car up and running after the winter yesterday (started on the second piston) and will try to get it up in the air someplace to take some pictures. Thanks again!!
Old 04-12-2015, 12:02 PM
blue67ragtop
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist

Nice looking car and a very reasonable price. I always liked the unique 73 and for many years owned a nice red on red 73 convertible. Good luck with your sale.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:42 PM
Rickman
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by blue67ragtop
Nice looking car and a very reasonable price. I always liked the unique 73 and for many years owned a nice red on red 73 convertible. Good luck with your sale.
I agree! Bump for you. 73's are great cars!

Paint, restoration work, the fact that it's a convertible and we're coming into good weather, all add up to a good value for $20k.

As Alan71 said, a few more pics of interior & chassis would be helpful. AT or 4 speed car? Can't tell from pics or description.

GLWS,

Rickman
Old 04-28-2015, 12:27 AM
kghagner
Advanced

Default Great Vette!

Good ad, all in all pretty decent pics and info. I suggest listing all known options at the start of the ad, many buyers want those right off the bat. A few more pics of the underside and the dash may help too. GLWS!
Old 04-28-2015, 12:32 AM
kghagner
Advanced

Default P.s.

That color is nearly identical to my 75' Steel Blue (which is gorgeous) and those are very hard to find. With the bumperettes on front it's like looking at my own Stingray! Again, GLWS!
Old 04-30-2015, 10:05 AM
Mehfoud
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Transmission type?

I'm guessing 4 speed since the care rolled back during start-up

Last edited by Mehfoud; 04-30-2015 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:52 PM
dochorsepower
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

That is a gorgeous car. IMO the '73 convert is one of the most beautiful Vettes of all time.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Very nice looking car. Should make someone a nice car. Was wondering why a 75 bumper. Wouldn't that require a a front clip change since the bumpers are so different.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:54 PM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,283 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom73
Very nice looking car. Should make someone a nice car. Was wondering why a 75 bumper. Wouldn't that require a a front clip change since the bumpers are so different.
Yes, the front clip between 73-74 and 75-76 cars are different.

Still, it looks like a nice ride. GLWTS
Old 06-10-2015, 09:06 AM
Tarheels1
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default F/S 73 Vette Convertible $20K

What is the transmission? Can we see the interior and underside?

Get notified of new replies

To F/S 73 Vette Convertible $20K

Quick Reply: F/S 73 Vette Convertible $20K