Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB 74-79 C3 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 02:33 PM
sk8boarder
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB 74-79 C3 Coupe

Finally decided it was time to start the hunt. As the title indicates, I'm looking for a 74-79 Coupe, looking for a black, dark blue, dark green, dark red, or silver exterior color, I can be flexible with the interior. (Sorry, I'm not interested in the two tone 78 silver anniversary edition colors, just not my favorite [*insert outraged comments here*])

I'm not looking for a complete basket case, I'd like a driver. So looking for a rust-free frame (I'd like to be able to inspect it through removing the kick panels; I know this seems very picky, but I'm really not interested in hidden rust issues), decent condition paint and body (I'm not expecting show quality, but in reasonably good shape)

I'd really like a manual transmission, though I'd be willing to look into autos as well, seeing as there seems to be more of them out there.

Originality's not a huge concern for me, I don't need complete numbers matching, though I'd like something that at least looks original on the outside. A high performance 350 or 383 would be nice, though not necessary. I'd also need to see documentation on repairs/upgrades made.

I'm looking to stay in the $11K range. I know this is all very specific and I'm being very picky, but I have a rather particular idea of what I'd like and I'm prepared to search for something I want.

I'm in the Southeast Michigan area. Thanks for the help!
Old 09-13-2015, 10:37 AM
SlateVette9
Intermediate

Hello Sk8, I have a 79 Vette for sale. I made a dedicated page for the car on my website. It has the PDF and some photos. You can drop an email on the contact page or a PM here. If you need more info, pictures, etc let me know. I'm located in Detroit, Michigan. Thanks and good luck on your search.

http://slate3d.wix.com/pharaohsphoto...ette-l82/c1jbc
Old 09-14-2015, 06:54 AM
kenmohr
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by sk8boarder
Finally decided it was time to start the hunt. As the title indicates, I'm looking for a 74-79 Coupe, looking for a black, dark blue, dark green, dark red, or silver exterior color, I can be flexible with the interior. (Sorry, I'm not interested in the two tone 78 silver anniversary edition colors, just not my favorite [*insert outraged comments here*])

I'm not looking for a complete basket case, I'd like a driver. So looking for a rust-free frame (I'd like to be able to inspect it through removing the kick panels; I know this seems very picky, but I'm really not interested in hidden rust issues), decent condition paint and body (I'm not expecting show quality, but in reasonably good shape)

I'd really like a manual transmission, though I'd be willing to look into autos as well, seeing as there seems to be more of them out there.

Originality's not a huge concern for me, I don't need complete numbers matching, though I'd like something that at least looks original on the outside. A high performance 350 or 383 would be nice, though not necessary. I'd also need to see documentation on repairs/upgrades made.

I'm looking to stay in the $11K range. I know this is all very specific and I'm being very picky, but I have a rather particular idea of what I'd like and I'm prepared to search for something I want.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...685-79-fs.html

Old 09-14-2015, 12:13 PM
derekderek
Race Director

Received 3,387 Likes on 2,632 Posts

I am about to pick up a dark blue 77. White leather. Paint and int both look good. 4 speed car. I know nothing else about it but that quick inspection i did. I do know it'll be WAY less than 11k, unless you insist on spending that much...i am probably gonna need about a month. Philly area. I have a nice clean well kept 75 white tan int auto now. I would take 8 for it. But the only thing about it that meets your desires is it's condition.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:15 PM
derekderek
Race Director

I guess you are ok with either back window design? Most people either want 78-up or 77-older...
Old 09-14-2015, 12:48 PM
sk8boarder
7th Gear

@Derek - Yeah, condition sounds good, but I'm looking for something in the area that you're going to pick up soon! Good to know about the price as well. I'm ok with either back ends, I realize they're different, but I'm flexible with the flat back window pre-78 or the bubble style of the 78s and 79s.

@Slatevette9 - Thanks for the link, I'll let you know if I have more questions.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:48 AM
T-TOP TOM
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi, I have a 1974 L82 coupe with 64000 actual miles. It has a 4 bolt main 383 stroker balanced engine in it and comes with Original L82 matching # engine with a spun bearing. The 383 has: Comp Cam EX268H-10, Comp roller rocker arms & push rods, World Products heads, High Tech Distributor main shaft & needle bearings cross shaft, Ceramic headers, Allen stainless exhaust, aluminum water pump, aluminum intake. Car has Zero Tolerance Calipers, stainless brake and gas lines. The gas tank has been replaced with a new tank. I am the second owner and have owned for 37 years and have the Original window sticker, build sheet, and all the owner manuals. I have all the receipts since I bought the car. The car is medium red metallic with deluxe black leather, AC, Tubro 400 with a higher than stock stall speed converter, power windows, power steering, tilt-tele steering column, 3.55 gear ratio. The frame is in excellent condition along with the windowshield frame, electric fan, B&M transmission cooler with electric fan on it. I am located in Wadsworth Ohio about 30 miles south of Cleveland. I am asking $9000 you can reach me at 330-336-6014 if you are interested. Thanks, Tom

Last edited by T-TOP TOM; 09-16-2015 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:46 AM
Redhook98
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

There is a 42k mile 1978 at F&A Corvette in Virginia. Nice 4-speed driver. Check it out on their website. www.facorvette.com
I have seen it in person. Nice car.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:26 AM
mcmsmsc
Instructor

Not one of your colors and its automatic but its very nice and in Minnesota. Welcome to check it out.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:37 PM
sk8boarder
7th Gear

ttt. Thanks everyone for the replies!
Old 09-19-2015, 02:07 PM
derekderek
Race Director

i am still in a waiting game for the dark blue-white leather 77. i will let you know what happens with it.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:16 PM
sk8boarder
7th Gear

ttt
Old 03-12-2016, 04:09 PM
brucenaes
4th Gear

Default c3 wish list

Are you interested in a 73?
Old 03-30-2016, 06:13 PM
1truL48
Smokin' BBQ Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
NC Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

ttt. Thanks everyone for the replies!
Are you an owner yet? If not, my '77 L48 is for sale at $12000 even. Black, red leather, power windows, TH350, cruise, tilt/telescopic, air conditioning, anniversary edition aluminum wheels, new calipers, 82K, 7 documented owners since new in NC and I've owned it since 2003, no rust on this one. Dealer installed rack with factory t-top carrier hardware, winter/summer floor mats, 2 sets of t-top bags, throaty dual exhaust, Chevy blue block with no engine mods, one of the last cars built on line in St. Louis with factory fender alarm (still works well).

Old 03-30-2016, 07:12 PM
derekderek
Race Director

I am still waiting for a dark blue 77 white leather impound bomb. looks clean 4 speed.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:27 PM
switchplanner
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 1truL48
Are you an owner yet? If not, my '77 L48 is for sale at $12000 even. Black, red leather, power windows, TH350, cruise, tilt/telescopic, air conditioning, anniversary edition aluminum wheels, new calipers, 82K, 7 documented owners since new in NC and I've owned it since 2003, no rust on this one. Dealer installed rack with factory t-top carrier hardware, winter/summer floor mats, 2 sets of t-top bags, throaty dual exhaust, Chevy blue block with no engine mods, one of the last cars built on line in St. Louis with factory fender alarm (still works well).

Nice '77!
Old 04-05-2016, 09:48 AM
Wuttin
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi...I have a black/black 79 for sale well below your target price...shoot me an IM if you'd like further details

Ref:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-interior.html

Thanks!
Steve

Get notified of new replies

To WTB 74-79 C3 Coupe

Old 04-05-2016, 12:54 PM
79VetteNoob
Advanced

I can make 11k work (till Friday) https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-13-500-a.html
Old 04-20-2016, 01:26 PM
captmatt
3rd Gear

Default Thinking of Selling My C3

If your are still looking, I am considering selling my '79 C3. I was thinking of asking $16K for it, but , as they say, everything is negotiable. Here are a few pics, and details of the re-build spec sheet.
Attached Images     
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Vette Rebuild Info.pdf (1,010.0 KB, 50 views)
Old 04-21-2016, 07:39 PM
tooltime
Cruising

DerekDerek

Here is the link to my '79 for sale. It is a Canadian car but with the exchange rate it may be of interest $17,900 Canadian = $14,083US today. Also open to offers

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-for-sale.html

Tim

Last edited by tooltime; 04-21-2016 at 07:40 PM. Reason: miss spelling

Quick Reply: WTB 74-79 C3 Coupe