C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need more power

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 06:31 PM
bogor
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like there might be some power as well as throttle respons benefits with the 4bbl carb style TB (and I like the look of the big, red FAST TB and a polished Extereme velocity elbow). I have not found much hard facts about it (vs LS style TB and elbow) and there will be also other parameters like cost and space requirements that will play a big role. I will probably remove the Superram when the season is over in Sept-Oct, then it will be possible to make exact measurements of the avialble space for a TB and an elbow.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:51 PM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am building a really nice elbow for my vette right now, I will utilize a 102mm lsx throttle body. the measurement I got off the victor efi 29785 at the back of the 4150 pad was just about 5.5" and 5.2" at the front. makes for as tight bend but I just designed one in solid works and willl machine the parts tomorrow afternoon and probably build it this weekend. I'll post some pictures this weekend if the finished product and some video of the cnc machining.

Chris
Old 07-21-2013, 01:18 PM
jleews6
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm looking forward to your next thread on " how come after my intake swap my boost has dropped but my car feels faster".
Be ready to change that pulley. I dont see why you car wont go well over 600 with that blower running at max rpm.
I have seen countless Ford 302s with less head,less cam and less intake do 600RW with an S trim.
Good luck.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:40 PM
bogor
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Superram is gone!

First trail fit of my Victor "E" singel plane intake. This won´t be a bolt-on deal...

Will need to raise the elbow with a spacer to clear the valvecover and probably also notch the reinforcement profile on the inside of the hood.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:56 AM
BlowerWorks
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Hi Bogor !

Maybe too late but you could change the volute on your Vortech to a 'straight'
and try that fit.

greg

Quick Reply: Need more power