C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 07:07 PM
skipsek
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for advice

got an 86 project car and not sure which way to go thinking abouta supercharger. has anyone had any dealing with summits tnt t serris. price doesn't seem too bad.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:34 PM
mnstrlt1
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Superchargers are fun, but they're not all they're cracked up to be. Rarely does a "kit" actually supply you with everything you'll need to do the job "right".

I've tried to go the "budget blower" method, and you end up dime and nickeling yourself into the full price range of a proper kit anyway.

Fuel system needs to be upgraded, and sound (no leaky injectors, or clogged filter, etc.). Stock internals have their limitations (that's if the stock stuff is still holding good cylinder pressure, etc.), and the stock heads and cam won't necessarily "extract" the maximum effort of the supercharger.

I'd suggest you contact Blower works to get an unbiased opinion of what options you have and what direction to take (if going supercharged).

Proper supercharger system will set you back 4500-6000. For "about" 350-425rwhp.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:47 PM
383tpimachine
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mnstrlt1
Superchargers are fun, but they're not all they're cracked up to be. Rarely does a "kit" actually supply you with everything you'll need to do the job "right".

I've tried to go the "budget blower" method, and you end up dime and nickeling yourself into the full price range of a proper kit anyway.

Fuel system needs to be upgraded, and sound (no leaky injectors, or clogged filter, etc.). Stock internals have their limitations (that's if the stock stuff is still holding good cylinder pressure, etc.), and the stock heads and cam won't necessarily "extract" the maximum effort of the supercharger.

I'd suggest you contact Blower works to get an unbiased opinion of what options you have and what direction to take (if going supercharged).

Proper supercharger system will set you back 4500-6000. For "about" 350-425rwhp.
Just the blower setup alone without tubing IC or fuel system ran me 7grand. With fuel and injectors and a custom IC I am looking at around 9500 but that is building things over needed but SAFE.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Boosted LT4
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running a Vortech with i/c on a 355 ci LT4 conversion, 500 rwhp on pump gas, 9.7 psi, stock compression, GM "Hot Cam", headers, small exhaust.

Get notified of new replies

To looking for advice

Quick Reply: looking for advice