C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Replacing fuel pressure regulator

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 04:01 AM
Jonathon1990vette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Replacing fuel pressure regulator

Since i am going to attempt to replace the fuel pump i was thinking maybe i can try the fuel pressure regulator also. Anyone know how hard that would be or have the steps with pictures?
Old 08-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Midnight 85
Le Mans Master

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified

I see you have been on this forum for 2 years at least so surely you have heard the phrase, "get the factory service manual". If you are planning on doing your own work. (good for you) the fsm is the first tool you should grab. Having said that, the pump is a piece of cake compared to the regulator. You will have to remove the plenum just to get to the regulator. Once you get the plenum bolts out you will need to loosen the bolts at the bottom of the runners to allow space to get the plenum out. Personally I take the runners off too because I don't believe in separating any gasket surfaces without replacing the gaskets. Once the plenum and runners are out of the way you can easily R&R the regulator. IIRC all fasteners are metric and torx. If you have any doubts about your EGR now is the time to do that too.

Quick Reply: Replacing fuel pressure regulator