C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

1986 Convertible X-Brace spacer blocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 01:17 PM
chris1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1986 Convertible X-Brace spacer blocks

Who knows how or why, however the previous owner of my 86 convertible must have lost the spacers that go between the x-brace and the frame, and just used a whole bunch of washers to take up the space; does anyone either have a couple of used ones (I only need to 2 in the front) or know the part numbers or a sourcing location for some replacements????

Regards, Chris

Last edited by chris1; 01-31-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:33 PM
92ragtop
Melting Slicks

Received 203 Likes on 117 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)
2015 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by chris1
Who knows how or why, however the previous owner of my 86 convertible must have lost the spacers that go between the x-brace and the frame, and just used a whole bunch of washers to take up the space; does anyone either have a couple of used ones (I only need to 2 in the front) or know the part numbers or a sourcing location for some replacements????

Regards, Chris
The front mounting points on my 92 do not use spacers. Only the rear mounts have them. Perhaps the PO wanted to drop the front a bit to eliminate contact with exhaust or ??
Old 01-31-2013, 02:50 PM
chris1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 92ragtop
The front mounting points on my 92 do not use spacers. Only the rear mounts have them. Perhaps the PO wanted to drop the front a bit to eliminate contact with exhaust or ??
I can't remember if the 86's were similar to the 92's or not; I seem to vaguely remember on my previous 86 from many years ago that the spacers may have only been in the rear, however it's been so long, I can't remember; who knows what the previous owner did; I'm finding some weird things with this car; the mechanic says the x-brace is a little bent up, so maybe they used the washers to help straighten it out; maybe another 1986 owner can chime if if they have an original car that hasn't been boogered up or been in an accident......

Get notified of new replies

To 1986 Convertible X-Brace spacer blocks

Quick Reply: 1986 Convertible X-Brace spacer blocks