C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Opinions on Cooper RS3-S?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 12:37 AM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,453 Likes on 2,805 Posts

Default Opinions on Cooper RS3-S?

Thinking this will be the tire I switch to. Have RE760s on now, and like them (have liked them on other cars too), but they're backordered and expensive. Car is a track toy, and cheaper tires means cheaper operating costs, and if they have a bit less grip that means they're a better learning experience (I do HPDE - no trophies in that just going fast and taking you car home in 1 piece).

Anyone running them? Any comments on them? Should I just wait for the RE760s to com back in stock or are the Coopers pretty decent?
Old 10-24-2014, 10:34 AM
JLZ06TR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been having them for a while on my H/C C5Z06 with C6Z06 rims. I havent tracked them yet so I cannot speak for handling too much, but so far so good on that front. as for street driving they are kinda rough due to hard side wall which may be a good thing on the track. As for noise, well the C5Z06 has alot of wind noise and i still hear that over everything, so i cant say its bad on that.

as for straight line performance, they seem to hook pretty well as long as conditions are favorable for it. if there is any dust or moisture not so much. 1st gear hooks well, but tends to let loose when 2nd gear is engaged hard, but its manageable and sometimes I dont have to lift throttle and just ride it though.

overall I can say im happy with them, especially for the price. For C6Z06 oem sizes you are usually looking at spending atleast $1150 for a set of tires. I paid $208 for the two 275/35 18 fronts and $370 for the rear 325/30/19
Old 11-02-2014, 11:10 PM
thenorthwoods
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Cooper Zeon RS3S

Have them on my 2011 Grand Sport. They are so inexpensive compared to any other tire available for my car. They are quiet, smooth riding, and grip well. I autocross on them once a month. They performed well enough in 50 degree misty weather to get me 5th place against 25 cars. many of which had track dedicated R compound tires. 5 of which were all wheel drive Subaru WRX Sti's.
They do not stick like Michelin Super sports but they are a very reasonable alternative and do well as a daily driver and occasional track tire. The online write up comparisons and testing would also verify their road and track value.

I recommend them.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:46 PM
JLZ06TR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1588334575

check that out

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions on Cooper RS3-S?

Quick Reply: Opinions on Cooper RS3-S?