C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Got me again!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 09:21 PM
BOOT77
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

Default Got me again!

Decided to give Ecklers another shot and they messed up again. After two and a half weeks I finally get my order and it's the wrong part. I called at two weeks and only then the part was shipped.

It's my own fault, knew I shouldn't of ordered from Ecklers again! After what I went through here https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...r-defects.html who knows how long this will take to resolve. LOL this is what I get for trying to save $5. I called to order the part form VBP and they no longer give forum discount so the part was $5 cheaper from ecklers because they had a free shipping deal. I asked VBP to price match their own product, but they wouldn't. I almost suspect VBP dragged their heels and messed up my order on purpose after they wouldn't price match because when I called ecklers they had to call VBP to get the part shipped. I've read a few bad things about VBP and have one of their products I'm not really happy with.

I'll never know who really dropped the ball and my receipt they mailed to me before my order clearly shows I ordered the correct part. I'll call them Monday and hopefully get the correct part shipped and some sort of compensation for time loss. Never tear apart your car in advance even if the tracking says it'll be there, now I gotta put it back together or wait who knows how long to drive it again.

Oh and I ordered the smart strut kit for my 86, they sent me one for a C3. I already have a Dragvette kit on my C3!
Old 08-29-2015, 11:03 PM
Crash594
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Lucky enough I live about 20 min from them. The only issue I had was the new erg replacement is junk stick with factory.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:04 AM
Eckler's
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04

Originally Posted by BOOT77
Decided to give Ecklers another shot and they messed up again. After two and a half weeks I finally get my order and it's the wrong part. I called at two weeks and only then the part was shipped.

It's my own fault, knew I shouldn't of ordered from Ecklers again! After what I went through here https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...r-defects.html who knows how long this will take to resolve. LOL this is what I get for trying to save $5. I called to order the part form VBP and they no longer give forum discount so the part was $5 cheaper from ecklers because they had a free shipping deal. I asked VBP to price match their own product, but they wouldn't. I almost suspect VBP dragged their heels and messed up my order on purpose after they wouldn't price match because when I called ecklers they had to call VBP to get the part shipped. I've read a few bad things about VBP and have one of their products I'm not really happy with.

I'll never know who really dropped the ball and my receipt they mailed to me before my order clearly shows I ordered the correct part. I'll call them Monday and hopefully get the correct part shipped and some sort of compensation for time loss. Never tear apart your car in advance even if the tracking says it'll be there, now I gotta put it back together or wait who knows how long to drive it again.

Oh and I ordered the smart strut kit for my 86, they sent me one for a C3. I already have a Dragvette kit on my C3!
Sorry you are having this trouble again. If you'd like please PM you customer/order number so i can take a look at this. I'm more than happy to help if i can. Thanks
Old 08-31-2015, 09:22 AM
BOOT77
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Eckler's
Sorry you are having this trouble again. If you'd like please PM you customer/order number so i can take a look at this. I'm more than happy to help if i can. Thanks
I just called and sent a pic so your people could confirm I got the wrong part. I was hoping to get the correct part on the way, but I was told it would be 24-48hrs before someone contacts me. Your welcome to look, but I asked for a return & refund and I'm gonna order direct when I have those.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:32 AM
rdroket
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

I have ordered and received many parts from Ecklers with no problems what so ever.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:14 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by rdroket
I have ordered and received many parts from Ecklers with no problems what so ever.
I have too many years ago. But now it is a three ring cluster f@#k. But does not affect me any more because they lost a customer for life.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:56 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

I ordered from vbp, no receipt, months late on shipping, possible wrong parts, excuses, etc. joke. I should have gone coil overs instead.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Klondike
Team Owner

Received 110 Likes on 89 Posts

I've had good and bad luck with BOTH of those people. Their products are good, if they would just get somebody that would read the damn order and fill it correctly. Latest cluster Fk from VB&P was a set of replacement bushings for one of their rear suspension kits. Half of the order was correct and the other half was for a C3 or something. Of course I didn't find out until I went to install them and they weren't the correct diameter.
Can't send them back because I cut lube groves into them to hold synthetic grease inside the sleeves. Now I've got a brand new set of modified bushings for a whatzit!
Old 09-01-2015, 07:59 PM
vettpapaw
Melting Slicks

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts

This sound familiar!!
Old 09-01-2015, 08:55 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Originally Posted by vettpapaw
This sound familiar!!
I posted today on ECKLERS post on what happend today in G.M. history.

That there time would be better spent on getting orders right.

And recieved a infraction worth one point and removed my post.

For highjacking a thread.

Where can I find the rules so I do not get more points?
Old 09-01-2015, 09:19 PM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
I have too many years ago. But now it is a three ring cluster f@#k. But does not affect me any more because they lost a customer for life.
Originally Posted by pologreen1
I ordered from vbp, no receipt, months late on shipping, possible wrong parts, excuses, etc. joke. I should have gone coil overs instead.
Those two vendors are in my 8hit list.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:27 PM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Such a shame back in the mid 70's to late 80's they were the best
Old 09-01-2015, 10:58 PM
BOOT77
Melting Slicks

I understand sometimes it's not the merchants fault because for parts like the kit I ordered, they just place an order for you. Still I bought the part from them so I paid them for a service and don't feel that service was good enough. Even if VBP sent me the wrong part if I ordered direct, I'm sure it would have been here sooner.

Whole mess makes me wanna just get some DRM camber brackets and banski rods or make my own even if it cost more.

Still it's the trend these days, quantity not quality and cut resources from the bottom to fatten the top few.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:08 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

I posted today on ECKLERS post on what happend today in G.M. history.

That there time would be better spent on getting orders right.

And recieved a infraction worth one point and removed my post.

For highjacking a thread.

Where can I find the rules so I do not get more points?
Old 09-02-2015, 09:23 AM
arbee
Melting Slicks

Received 553 Likes on 359 Posts

Under "Forums" + "Help and Feedback"
Old 09-02-2015, 09:53 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Originally Posted by arbee
Under "Forums" + "Help and Feedback"
Thank you I found it.

But still don't understand how I highjacked a thread by suggesting that thier time would be better spent getting orders right.

Instead they have time to post triva and report my (highjacking) immediately.

But when they mess up a order they tell you it will take 24 to 48 hours just to answer you.

Last edited by antfarmer2; 09-02-2015 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:28 AM
Eckler's
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04

Thank you I found it.

But still don't understand how I highjacked a thread by suggesting that thier time would be better spent getting orders right.

Instead they have time to post triva and report my (highjacking) immediately.

But when they mess up a order they tell you it will take 24 to 48 hours just to answer you.
Never reported you to admin. You just assume that i did. Please ask admin if they moved it or not? If i did report to admin i would admit it publicly.

Get notified of new replies

To Got me again!

Old 09-02-2015, 10:32 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Never reported you to admin. You just assume that i did. Please ask admin if they moved it or not? If i did report to admin i would admit it publicly.
Sorry if I am wrong but have not heard back from them. But thank you for your fast responds.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:51 PM
BOOT77
Melting Slicks

Well been over 48hrs and I'm bout to get cleaned up n crash for awhile so if they do call or email it'll have to wait till tomorrow.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:10 AM
BOOT77
Melting Slicks

No missed calls, messages or email, I'll call this coming morning.

Quick Reply: Got me again!