Radar Detectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 11:24 PM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Originally Posted by Dt86
Well you are half right. Yes you could get detained for no reason, known to you. For example, let's say the bank down the road from where you're driving gets robbed and the robber is reported to have driven off in a red corvette. You better bet that you'll be stopped. And maybe you don't like it but guess what, it's a perfectly legal traffic stop. Because catching a criminal outweighs your temporary inconvenience. You obviously have a personal grudge against Leo so I'm not really surprised by your outlandish comments.
See my post above about getting pulled over for going the precise speed limit. I have a TON more like it, from personal experience. You can fantasize and speculate (WAG) all you want about what "might have gone on" that would justify the detention, but that's all you'd have; your fantasies, false speculations and your WAG's. I'd be interested in hearing what is "outlandish" about my comments? They're all based on real life bull ****.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:25 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom400CFI
OoooKay...so what have you to say about LEO's who "enforce" laws that aren't being broken? Like my friend who was pulled over on Rt 6, Cape Cod, for going the speed limit (as per the words of the officer)? What law, precisely, is that LEO enforcing? Who should my friend have blamed for getting pulled over for going the speed limit; himself!? The answer to this one should be good stuff!
Well since neither you nor I were there or actually know what happened or the laws in Cape Cod, why would I even entertain that? Lol.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:32 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

See my post above about getting pulled over for going the precise speed limit. I have a TON more like it, from personal experience. You can fantasize and speculate (WAG) all you want about what "might have gone on" that would justify the detention, but that's all you'd have; your fantasies, false speculations and your WAG's. I'd be interested in hearing what is "outlandish" about my comments? They're all based on real life bull ****.
Sorry, I don't live in a fantasy world or make false speculations. In fact my job is all about finding facts and proving things. Because there is something called the burden of proof that law enforcement is held to, meaning it is up to us to prove our case. There is a place for people like yourself if you feel you were wronged, it's called court. And from personal experience, not le experience just from life, those who complain things always happen to them are usually the ones to blame for their troubles.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:49 PM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Well since neither you nor I were there or actually know what happened or the laws in Cape Cod, why would I even entertain that? Lol.
I used that example b/c it's SO SIMPLE. And you still can't "get it" or man up to answer my questions about it. What "law" was being "enforced"?

Shall I use the plethora of real world examples from my own sh!tty profolio? I'm sure you'll second guess and poke at everything that you DON'T know about any given situation, regardless of how SIMPLE it is. My friend was pulled over for 55 in a 55 late at night. SIMPLE. Cop told my friend that he pulled my friend over b/c he was going 55 in a 55, and that he should speed "slightly", as going 55 in a 55 is suspicious looking. That is pretty straightforward. So I ask you again...in this very simple example, what LAW was the cop "enforcing"? NONE. No bank was robbed near by, it was just a bored cop, being a cop.

Because there is something called the burden of proof that law enforcement is held to, meaning it is up to us to prove our case. There is a place for people like yourself if you feel you were wronged, it's called court.
Like the guy who got pulled over for going 55 in a 55?

Burden of proof is very EASILY handled in court by LEO's; they lie and the court will always believe the LEO before the defendant. What does any of that have to do w/LEO's misbehaving, pulling people over for BFS and abusing their powers??

It's clear that you're and LEO at this point. Probably why you're so defensive and closed minded. I "get it". It's how LEO's are. It's certainly much easier to blame people like me (speaking of "blaming others", right?), than to take an honest look at your own kind.

Last edited by Tom400CFI; 02-25-2016 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:13 AM
C4.Ray
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

11 pages of DRIVEL !!!!

Be done with it ... Waste of $$$$.

Cameras, Big Brother Police everywhere, jealous and angry citizens with cell phones calling 911 at any chance they can to rat some guy in a nice sports car going 5 mph over the limit.

Radar Detectors = Waste of $$$$

Last edited by C4.Ray; 02-25-2016 at 12:13 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:38 AM
Dt86
Safety Car

I used that example b/c it's SO SIMPLE. And you still can't "get it" or man up to answer my questions about it. Shall I use the plethora of real world examples from my own sh!tty profolio? I'm sure you'll second guess and poke at everything that you DON'T know about any given situation, regardless of how SIMPLE it is. My friend was pulled over for 55 in a 55 late at night. Cop told him that he should speed as going 55 in a 55 is suspicious looking. So I ask you again...in this very simple example, what LAW, as the cop "enforcing"? Like the guy who got pulled over for going 55 in a 55? Burden of proof is very EASILY handled in court by LEO's; they lie, and the court will always believe the LEO before the defendant. What does any of that have to do w/LEO's misbehaving, pulling people over for BFS, and abusing their powers?? It's clear that you're and LEO at this point. Probably why you're so defensive and closed minded. I "get it". It's how LEO's are. It's certainly much easier to blame people like me, than to take an honest look at your own kind.
And what exactly did I blame you for? Lol. I think I've been fairly open minded actually. Perhaps you are the one which is closed minded. And again, I'm not going to comment on something I don't have first hand knowledge about. That would just be stupid. I see my co-workers everyday and they are damn fine people. That's the honest truth, you are just a complete idiot. Maybe you should seek psychological help like aklim. It may be too late for you though, he started at 10. I am done here. Have a pleasant life.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:58 AM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Perhaps you are the one which is closed minded.
Perhaps. I wonder how though? I mean, I have cop friends...in spite of them bragging about the rush they get taking people down. I'd say....that is fairly open minded.

And again, I'm not going to comment on something I don't have first hand knowledge about. That would just be stupid.
Really. That is interesting. It's certainly an easy, dismissive way of avoiding answering the question on why a cop pulled a person over for going the speed limit, and what law is being enfored.

I see my co-workers everyday and they are damn fine people. That's the honest truth, you are just a complete idiot.
Ahhh more name calling? That where you're at now? I can see the cop in you comming out now! True colors. No wonder you think the tools who work with you, are "damn fine people"...you're all the same type! WTF kind of endorsement is that!?

Maybe you should seek psychological help like aklim.
Right. Me, aklim...all the general public, who "blame others for their problems....THEY are all the problem....not you, right? You are a cop, through and through. You're doing a fine job of reinforcing the very point I've been making. Best thing one can do....is stay TF away from types like you.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:08 AM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Here is a quick snap shot of Poughkeepsie's finest:

Your view on this is mildly retarded.
Since you're lazy
you are just a complete idiot.
Maybe you should seek psychological help like aklim.

^That is some FINE, representation. Serve and Protect...huh? I think I'd rather just keep my distance. You have a nice one too.

Last edited by Tom400CFI; 02-25-2016 at 01:09 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:10 AM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by C4.Ray
11 pages of DRIVEL !!!!

Be done with it ... Waste of $$$$.

Cameras, Big Brother Police everywhere, jealous and angry citizens with cell phones calling 911 at any chance they can to rat some guy in a nice sports car going 5 mph over the limit.

Radar Detectors = Waste of $$$$
I bought two of them. So far they have been working great.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:19 AM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

90% or so, become cops by default; they flunked out of other endeavors.

That is what Im referring to. And theres no need to avoid anything unless you are doing something that is against the law of course.
Heres a nifty article that outlines why you should always avoid police. Especially if your truly innocent of any wrong doing. You don't actually have to read the article, the headline says it all.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b093be51bbb978
Old 02-25-2016, 07:30 AM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Quick Reply: Radar Detectors