C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

CoverKing, good or bad??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 02:28 PM
dickny1e
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CoverKing, good or bad??

I ordered a front end mask from CoverKing before I saw all the bad reviews on Yelp. I'm hoping only the worse cases search out Yelp to complain and there are lots of satisfied customers out there, Any on here??? I ordered the bra but most complaints were on seat covers...
Thanks, Dick
Old 12-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Barrier
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

I had a Bra on my C5 1999 Pewter FRC. It was a GM version I think, I know it cost a lot and fit very well.
The main problems were with the use of the Bra itself.
If it rained I could not leave it on due to Water Spots from water underneath, it did not breathe so water was trapped. If it was warm weather the water would remain for a long time leaving images on the paint. This may have had something to due with the Pewter Color.
Since I live on the shore of Long Island in NY I was hoping for Protection from sand driven by Highway drives. There would just be a mark where the sand got underneath no major issues but I was always taking it off to Polish underneath. That in itself was a Pain to reinstall. I seemed to be always removing it to dry it off.
I ended up just giving it a way after very little use.
Barrier
Old 12-07-2016, 03:44 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Always better to ask first I believe you made a mistake keep us posted.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:50 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

I've read a few topics about bras, and most of them mention the same issues as Barrier. I've seen quite a few recommendations for the clear sealant instead of a bra.

Get notified of new replies

To CoverKing, good or bad??

Quick Reply: CoverKing, good or bad??